Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-08-2018, 12:26 AM   #21
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I had this statue but sold it after realizing it was my ugly duckling in my pile of 1/6 and 1/4s of F4F and Diamond Selects. The actual Spider-Man in this statue is very small. You’re getting a lot of lightpost.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:02 AM   #22
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
I had this statue but sold it after realizing it was my ugly duckling in my pile of 1/6 and 1/4s of F4F and Diamond Selects. The actual Spider-Man in this statue is very small. You’re getting a lot of lightpost.
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm interested because I have a lot of Bowens. An handful of the first Bowens were actually 1/8 scale, at least that what is says on The Thing's box.

I never thought the definitive Bowen Spoderman was made, strange because he's arguably the most popular Superhero in the Marvel Universe
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:45 AM   #23
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post

That lit shot really makes this look like quintessential Spider-Man.
I collect all scales. Unlike some bigger stuff this looks like a classic you could end up displaying 30 years and people will still notice it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #24
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
That lit shot really makes this look like quintessential Spider-Man.
I collect all scales. Unlike some bigger stuff this looks like a classic you could end up displaying 30 years and people will still notice it.
I think this is the best Spiderman statue I've seen, tbh.

The colors, pose...I think it's more tasteful than any other the others I've seen.

I bought this Christmas Ornament last year because this was ALWAYS the pose I wanted Bowen to do for Spidey and it never happened.
https://www.amazon.com/Hallmark-Ulti...62028166&psc=1

I think I'm gonna PO this today from BBTS @ 50% off. If it sucks I will sell it on ebay and make $20-30 bucks.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #25
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It's a great piece...I don't think you'll be disappointed if you're not worried about scale. Even then, it's not THAT small. I think if this was 1/4 or 1/6 scale people would be all over it.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:54 PM   #26
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
It's a great piece...I don't think you'll be disappointed if you're not worried about scale. Even then, it's not THAT small. I think if this was 1/4 or 1/6 scale people would be all over it.
Not worried about scale it will be displayed next to 1/7 scale pieces. Spidey is a little guy so if he's just a tad undersized next to the Bowens it won't look goofy. I got the order in @ 50% off. Good price for this. I'm looking forward to my first GG poece. Was gong to pick up Punisher too but he's just too animated for me
Old 12-25-2018, 07:49 PM   #27
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
Santa Clause brought me this statue.

It’s fantastic. PERFECTLY in scale with Bowens. Looks so good with the Bowen Spider-Man Bad guys. Fantastic piece. Probably the best statue I bought for $89.

Its not very small in my opinion, good size, Bowen-sized. After reading your post I was surprised with the size when it arrived.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:07 AM   #28
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Damn...that's a good deal. Glad you like it...congrats. My only gripe is that the street corner is a little bare. So, I picked up a miniature Spider-Man newspaper and soda cup to fill it out.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:37 PM   #29
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Damn...that's a good deal. Glad you like it...congrats. My only gripe is that the street corner is a little bare. So, I picked up a miniature Spider-Man newspaper and soda cup to fill it out.
good Call. Beautiful statue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1F42DCEB-9878-4BEA-8143-231C5657C56B.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	119655  
Old 01-02-2019, 02:46 PM   #30
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Santa Clause brought me this statue.

It’s fantastic. PERFECTLY in scale with Bowens. Looks so good with the Bowen Spider-Man Bad guys. Fantastic piece. Probably the best statue I bought for $89.

Its not very small in my opinion, good size, Bowen-sized. After reading your post I was surprised with the size when it arrived.
:shrug: It’s hard to go back to GG’s 1/8s when the last 5-6 statues I got were either SS Premium Format or PopCultureShock. For me, Spider-Man is still the biggest Marvel draw (even though Iron Man/Captain America has skyrocketed in popularity because of the movies), and he deserves better.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote