Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-21-2018, 12:00 PM   #3051
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah but those are mostly 3rd tier characters a lot of them being Spider-Man Rogues.... You know the ones everyone wants every company to make but when they do nobody buys them...

I doubt Taarna is half as popular as Red Sonja... Not a lot of collectors are going to be familiar with Heavy Metal... But yeah art direction plays a part in it also...

That said, the original Red Sonja PF can be had pretty cheap... Give the new Red Sonja statues a year or so and I'm sure their price will start to drop as people cycle through their collections... Sell older statues to make room for newer ones... with High Edition sizes just means more people will sell them on Ebay down the road..
lol exactly, they should've followed the SS formula.

A beautiful sculpture supersedes popularity anyday, if taarna had been sculpted with the level of design and sculpt of sonja I doubt her popularity would've mattered, hell i'm sure it would've made her a more popular lol.

The OG sonja was a wreck, but i doubt these later versions will be had for less than retail. If the OG looked near proto i'm sure it would've retained its value/ probably more.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #3052
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Yeah but those are mostly 3rd tier characters a lot of them being Spider-Man Rogues....
To be fair XM does mostly 3rd tier characters, but even still nearly all of the higher tiers XM cap, phoenix, hulk, all but one of the iron man, (because of the movie i'll include) dr strange, i mean there is an xm thanos with the exclusive coin selling for 700$ for crying out loud.

And there are some who really think MTO will make much of a difference. 😭
Old 11-21-2018, 05:42 PM   #3053
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Those sculpts sucked and are from old days of XM. I’m sorry but some of these pieces coming out like moon knight , scorpion, Hulkbuster , hulk transformation , Storm , dark Phoenix destroy anything SS has done in last two years . I still buy SS. I got Wolverine , pre orders Thor and Miles morales sorry third tier you’re way off and at least they try something niche.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #3054
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Those sculpts sucked and are from old days of XM. I’m sorry but some of these pieces coming out like moon knight , scorpion, Hulkbuster , hulk transformation , Storm , dark Phoenix destroy anything SS has done in last two years . I still buy SS. I got Wolverine , pre orders Thor and Miles morales sorry third tier you’re way off and at least they try something niche.
Sideshow is like a Tesla Model X that is flashy but dang them things got some reliability issues and you better get that customer service son!

As for XM, they are like a Ferrari but even they got their drunkin walk of shame...

The new XM stuff....nice...but...

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:36 PM   #3055
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Here we go again.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:07 PM   #3056
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
To be fair XM does mostly 3rd tier characters, but even still nearly all of the higher tiers XM cap, phoenix, hulk, all but one of the iron man, (because of the movie i'll include) dr strange, i mean there is an xm thanos with the exclusive coin selling for 700$ for crying out loud.

And there are some who really think MTO will make much of a difference. 😭
You do know Full Retail for Thanos at the time was $650.00, its was $580 if you had club membership to XM or bought it from Simple Toys... My Singapore contact sold me Thanos for the club price... so technically at $700 is above retail...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:25 PM   #3057
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Sideshow is like a Tesla Model X that is flashy but dang them things got some reliability issues and you better get that customer service son!

As for XM, they are like a Ferrari but even they got their drunkin walk of shame...

The new XM stuff....nice...but...

Ahahahahahhahahhahaha

That’s so bad omg!!!
Old 11-21-2018, 09:53 PM   #3058
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
While your list is respectable, i’m choosing a SS thor or X23 over the likes of an xm moon knight or scorpion any day of the year. And destroy anything SS has done in the last 2 years? Not sure where you’ve been but heres a list of a few of the masterpieces SS has revealed/released recently.

Wolverine
X23
Thor
Punisher
Wonder Woman
Red Sonja
Green Arrow
Thanos on throne

XM is ambitious, they add lots of extravagant switch out parts and large bases but don't let that distract you, taking their figure and portrait sculptures at face value, a majority of SS sculptures are better than XM's. Hulk buster is a master piece primarily because of its sheer size and complexity of parts, WW is a master piece because of its subtle nuances and mastery of the human form.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:55 PM   #3059
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
You do know Full Retail for Thanos at the time was $650.00, its was $580 if you had club membership to XM or bought it from Simple Toys... My Singapore contact sold me Thanos for the club price... so technically at $700 is above retail...
650 but after shipping your looking at 800+, while ebay’s 780$ shipped.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:24 AM   #3060
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Def entitled to opinions . I own XM Scorpion it amazing . I’ve got few SS on pre orders Thor and Miles Morales . X23 is nice but costume isn’t my fav. Thanos is cool. I’m way more excited to get hulk and Hulkbuster than anything on that list and those two are impact pieces . You can’t not notice them . Overall with these two fighting for market share there will be plenty of great statues to pick from.