Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-13-2014, 05:20 AM   #111
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I prefer to get all the goodies... I always hated the whole EX/Reg thing that SS does... although it's not as bad as it used to be as EX's don't sell out as fast thanks to larger ES's..

Could you imagine how much faster a Mag's EX would of sold out with only a total of 800 statues, the EX would of been like 200 ES... it would of been sold out in like 30 seconds... If XM ever started making 10k statues then EX/Reg would probably make more sense..
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:26 AM   #112
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I really like it but there are some unnecessary accessories like Thanos head without his head gear. If it would help cut down cost some of these items should be omitted IMO or offer them as extras / exclusive and have the regular cheaper.
Maybe you could take the extra head, the Magneto helmet and another head when they release some more bad guys and stick em on the base of Captain America...bit of role reversal on the fallen heroes :-)
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #113
Victor_Creed
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Yeah marvel rejected the fallen avengers base, they have since gone back to the drawing board for a base, but recently took some opinions on a base and it looks like he'll be standing on a rock base with embedded skulls at least that's the last I remember seeing as a recommendation everyone seemed to like.
Someone also suggested a clear cast staircase going up his throne.
Victor_Creed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:30 AM   #114
actionjackson83
Midnighter

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....7&postcount=61

I think this was the base they might go with. I asked them on facebook that if they used this base, to put some purple or blue led's that spotlight under the base to give it a glowing effect like he's using the power cosmic to raise the boulder from the ground if it were possible.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #115
JorgeLoyo
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:

I think this was the base they might go with. I asked them on facebook that if they used this base, to put some purple or blue led's that spotlight under the base to give it a glowing effect like he's using the power cosmic to raise the boulder from the ground if it were possible.
That base looks good enough for me
JorgeLoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:29 PM   #116
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:

XM has said they don't like light-up functions, because they burn out, hence why Iron man doesn't have any. But if it's on the underside of the base and can be easily swapped out when it burns out, I like the idea.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:39 AM   #117
actionjackson83
Midnighter

if they use LEDs that should have thousand upon hours of use without burning out.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:55 AM   #118
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
if they use LEDs that should have thousand upon hours of use without burning out.
Exactly!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:02 AM   #119
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
It could malfunction. I have a LED bulb that's not burnt out but when the light is on, it's barely on and flickers. A light bulb guy came to my place and saw it, he said he has never seen it broke like that. So it does happen.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:07 AM   #120
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

They could always just produce the base so that it has open eye sockets in the skulls and a hollow base that collectors themselves could place their own light into OR they could make a base with clear resin sections or coloured, clear resin (try and picture splintered cracks in rock like with a lava flow)and again have an area under the base where we could place our own lights.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote