Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #361
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Of course! lol

It may just not be getting as much love because it's the third one. It looks good too though.
As a character Superman might be more popular but as of now IM is an established franchise, whereas this is a new Superman movie in years. That's why I'm surprised that it gets more attention .
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #362
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
As a character Superman might be more popular but as of now IM is an established franchise, whereas this is a new Superman movie in years. That's why I'm surprised that it gets more attention .
Maybe it's because we all know what to expect from Iron Man while there hasn't been a good Superman for years. In any case we're all seeing both.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #363
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Yeah, I think a part of it is how big the character is. Superman deserves a great film and hasn't had one in a long time. This appears to finally be that film. Even though I'm not a huge Superman fan, I'm so stoked just to have such a promising looking movie about him at last. It's my most anticipated film and that's going up against some serious competition.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #364
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Old 05-08-2013, 01:24 AM   #365
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

damn, i just know I'm gonna end up with a JC Fortress print soon. i can't wait for this movie!
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:38 AM   #366
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I just wish this weren't yet another origin story. How many people at this point don't know Superman's origin yet? Why does this story need to be told again? It's old news. That's why I believe this movie will not do as well as some might think. Audiences are going to get tired of seeing the same Superman movie over and over again. If they keep retelling the origin, there's not much new for anyone to get hyped about.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:51 AM   #367
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post
I just wish this weren't yet another origin story. How many people at this point don't know Superman's origin yet? Why does this story need to be told again? It's old news. That's why I believe this movie will not do as well as some might think. Audiences are going to get tired of seeing the same Superman movie over and over again. If they keep retelling the origin, there's not much new for anyone to get hyped about.
Normally I'd agree with what you're saying but not in this case and here is why... instead of a reboot "Superman Returns" was a continuation of sorts to the Reeve films from the 80's. So there hasn't been a true Superman origin story told on film in 35 years now. There is a whole generation out there that hasn't been exposed to this character the way they have with the likes of say Batman, Spider-Man and to a lesser degree Iron Man. As a result this film is going to be relatively "new" to a large portion of it's audience.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #368
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Normally I'd agree with what you're saying but not in this case and here is why... instead of a reboot "Superman Returns" was a continuation of sorts to the Reeve films from the 80's. So there hasn't been a true Superman origin story told on film in 35 years now. There is a whole generation out there that hasn't been exposed to this character the way they have with the likes of say Batman, Spider-Man and to a lesser degree Iron Man. As a result this film is going to be relatively "new" to a large portion of it's audience.
I agree Scott. I also think that this needs an origin movie as it's the 'reboot' of the entire DCU cinematically.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #369
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I think Smallville pretty much handled the origin part of the story for today's generation. Sure it's a tv series but it's popular enough.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #370
adee
Green Arrow

I enjoy origin story's when a new actor is playing the part. It helps me identify with him as being the character.
I love the original as much as the next guy but seeing the effects of Krypton exploding ect has me very excited.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote