Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #761
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albeeman View Post
Maury Provich to Jonathan Kent, "you.. Are... NOT the father"

Today's audience goes wild.. Ooooo heelll nooo you di-unt..

Superman, ladies and gentlemen
You REALLY didn't like this movie did you?
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:32 AM   #762
albeeman
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
You REALLY didn't like this movie did you?
Haha

Well, at least I can laugh about it now.. Last week was a nightmare.. Haha
albeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:41 AM   #763
SONICobra
Batman

i loved it, was everything i hoped it would be and possibly more. like all art and most things zack snyder does - you either get it or you dont. i get his work and appreciate it.

the only thing i wasnt crazy about was the hand held cameras. it seemed really shaky at first but either my eyes adjusted to it or it got better as the film progressed
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #764
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i loved it, was everything i hoped it would be and possibly more. like all art and most things zack snyder does - you either get it or you dont. i get his work and appreciate it.

the only thing i wasnt crazy about was the hand held cameras. it seemed really shaky at first but either my eyes adjusted to it or it got better as the film progressed
Ya the scene where Clark as a kid is sitting on the tailgate of the truck talking to Jonathan Kent, the camera shaking was pretty bad...

Not sure what he's trying to accomplish by shooting everything with just one camera... Seems like a lame gimmick to make him seem more hip or something.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #765
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
Look, here's the deal on this movie... the people who aren't going to like this movie are the "fans" who are stuck in time, who can't/won't let go of the Chris Reeves version, which while at the time was great, doesn't hold up. I watched both of them recently before seeing MoS, and I gotta tell ya, while they filled me with nostalgia, the movies themselves really didn't hold up as well and as fondly as I remembered them.

Man of Steel is about KAL-EL, not Clark. It's about Kal-El finding his place in this world, it's emotional, relevant, timely and a BRILLIANT re-imagining of the Superman mythos. Everything about this movie works, when Henry Cavill is in civilian clothes I saw Superman there, but more importantly when he was in costume CLARK was there. Diane Lane and Kevin Costner (whom I can't stand) were perfectly cast as Johnathan and Martha, Crowe was fantastic as Jor-El and the actress who played Lara brought a tear to my eye when Krypton was destroyed. Michael Shannon was F**KING BRILLIANT as Zod, even Foera was great! There was one scene in particular where, Zod threatened Martha and Kal beat the living ---- out of him, all the while screaming how dare you threaten my mother ... this scene to me was pivotal, because it showed Kal at his most human ... anyone threatened my mother I'd $$$$ing kill them, or die trying.

Keep in mind all this is coming from someone who's loved Superman all his life ... I've bought 2 cars based on the fact that they were the colors of the Super-mobile toy, I have the Superman logo tattooed on my body ... there are few fans as hardcore as me, and I'm telling you this movie WORKED. Everything that needed to be there was there in spades, and there was A LOT more. I personally caught Easter Eggs relating to Batman, GL, Luthor and WW, and they left A LOT of possibilities open for a Superboy or Supergirl movie as well.
+1

I'm not a superman fan, but I loved this movie.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #766
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

This movie fvcking ruled. Bottom line.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #767
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
This movie fvcking ruled. Bottom line.
Agreed.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #768
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Look, here's the deal on this movie... the people who aren't going to like this movie are the "fans" who are stuck in time, who can't/won't let go of the Chris Reeves version, which while at the time was great, doesn't hold up. I watched both of them recently before seeing MoS, and I gotta tell ya, while they filled me with nostalgia, the movies themselves really didn't hold up as well and as fondly as I remembered them.

Man of Steel is about KAL-EL, not Clark. It's about Kal-El finding his place in this world, it's emotional, relevant, timely and a BRILLIANT re-imagining of the Superman mythos. Everything about this movie works, when Henry Cavill is in civilian clothes I saw Superman there, but more importantly when he was in costume CLARK was there. Diane Lane and Kevin Costner (whom I can't stand) were perfectly cast as Johnathan and Martha, Crowe was fantastic as Jor-El and the actress who played Lara brought a tear to my eye when Krypton was destroyed. Michael Shannon was F**KING BRILLIANT as Zod, even Foera was great! There was one scene in particular where, Zod threatened Martha and Kal beat the living ---- out of him, all the while screaming how dare you threaten my mother ... this scene to me was pivotal, because it showed Kal at his most human ... anyone threatened my mother I'd $$$$ing kill them, or die trying.

Keep in mind all this is coming from someone who's loved Superman all his life ... I've bought 2 cars based on the fact that they were the colors of the Super-mobile toy, I have the Superman logo tattooed on my body ... there are few fans as hardcore as me, and I'm telling you this movie WORKED. Everything that needed to be there was there in spades, and there was A LOT more. I personally caught Easter Eggs relating to Batman, GL, Luthor and WW, and they left A LOT of possibilities open for a Superboy or Supergirl movie as well.
Great post, Jesse! I agree, mostly. I would have done some things differently, but overall--it had a style of its own that I really liked. Minus the freakin' shaky cam.

I got the LexCorp thing--on the truck passing by the Kent farm, at one point--but what were the others? Just curious, because I'd LOVE to see the JLA done well, Avengers-style!
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #769
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post

I got the LexCorp thing--on the truck passing by the Kent farm, at one point--but what were the others? Just curious, because I'd LOVE to see the JLA done well, Avengers-style!
The only two I caught was LexCorp and Wayne Corp which was on the satellite they were fighting on.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #770
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Great post, Jesse! I agree, mostly. I would have done some things differently, but overall--it had a style of its own that I really liked. Minus the freakin' shaky cam.

I posted them here

Quote:
The girl at the end of the movie, the one who said "he's kinda hot", name on the uniform was Ferris as in Carol Ferris GL's girlfriend.

The satellite Zod and Kal battled on at the edge of space, logo on it said "WayneTech".

Yoeman that appeared for a MILLISECOND on screen had a badge with the name "Prince" on it, as in Diana Prince, aka WW.

There's also supposed to be an Aquaman one in the movie somewhere, but I didn't catch that one.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote