Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-11-2019, 11:02 PM   #141
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

If Sideshow wanted to do a direct interpretation of this character they could’ve put it in their animated Maquette line. They instead opted for a real world adaptation. Any judgement on how he would or should look is really moot because the actual character has never appeared outside of animation, comics or video games without his traditional look. The Arkham rendition was simply a skin that could be unlocked in the game which was loosely based on the Batman Beyond look. It was not the actual Terry McGinnis character.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:30 PM   #142
nearmint
Phoenix

I guess I’m not a strict traditionalist. I even like the Samurai Batman Beyond.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:16 AM   #143
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
If Sideshow wanted to do a direct interpretation of this character they could’ve put it in their animated Maquette line. They instead opted for a real world adaptation. Any judgement on how he would or should look is really moot because the actual character has never appeared outside of animation, comics or video games without his traditional look. The Arkham rendition was simply a skin that could be unlocked in the game which was loosely based on the Batman Beyond look. It was not the actual Terry McGinnis character.
Key word: loosely. It’s got a red bat like BB, that’s about it. I still think it’s a decent design on its own.

But then the fact that Batman Beyond while typically Terry, has been 3 people across various media, including Bruce, the first wearer if the costume.

Also the fact that the character we identify as “Batman Beyond” isn’t actually called “Batman Beyond” in-story, he’s still just simply “Batman” to everybody he encounters, whichever “he” that is. In a way the title is more so the costume than the actual person wearing it.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:45 AM   #144
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I guess I’m not a strict traditionalist. I even like the Samurai Batman Beyond.
Me too. Although I rarely display the red bat symbol on mine. But I do mix match the red sword. I like Nightmare Batman as well. I was looking forward to XM’s Wasteland Batman but there’s been no word on that for years.

For characters like Batman and Spider-Man who are favorites of mine and I have multiples of I’d prefer to have different versions outside of the traditional. Most people want traditional costumes all the time. I have like 5 traditional Spideys, I’d LOVE other comic versions. I have 1 traditional Batman. I don’t need another unless it’s a new classic blue cape and cowl. It’d be cool if SS would treat Batman like Prime 1 does every single version of Batman they can do...Dark Knight Returns regular and armored, all black Troica, Azrael Batman, modern blue cape and cowl, etc. SS has done a lot of Batman but there’s still room for more comic versions or creative versions.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:36 PM   #145
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

1000 Reg

500 EX
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:33 PM   #146
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
1000 Reg

500 EX
----
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:42 PM   #147
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

With the new reality of leaning statues I just see this piece blasting off into a face plant.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:02 PM   #148
Star-struck
The Spirit

Yeah I'd really love to get one but I need to see the engineering first. It also looks like it could tip forward really easily.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:46 PM   #149
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

For those interested, the Batman Statue Collector has a review up for the Batman Beyond PF from a friend who has it in hand. Looks GREAT in my opinion. The base looks sleek and futuristic as well.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:53 PM   #150
Lestat Phoenix
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
With the new reality of leaning statues I just see this piece blasting off into a face plant.

That pic is absolutely amazing.
Lestat Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote