Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-17-2021, 05:40 PM   #1211
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merovingian View Post
Absolutely; I agree with you. As stated in my post, I will not know for sure until I receive mine next week.
The Sideshow PF features a pink skin tone in person. I got used to it. I assumed the Tweeterhead piece would feature a skin tone that matched the proto. Seems the factory has gone with pink also?

Congrats on your piece arriving soon.
I ordered direct from Tweeterhead, and there has been no news. They do not appear to respond to emails?
This is the first time i have order from Tweeterhead. Catwoman represents my 1st Tweeterhead piece.
I wish i had ordered form Sideshow, but i thought at the time the piece would sell out in seconds. It appears i got that very wrong
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 05:49 PM   #1212
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

They've actually addressed it many times already in newsletters. She is one of their pieces that are stuck on the cargo ships.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 05:55 PM   #1213
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
They've actually addressed it many times already in newsletters. She is one of their pieces that are stuck on the cargo ships.
They suggested shipping to international customers via air from China. So far, no update on this.
Before they suggested the suggestion above, they hinted at shipping to international customers via Sideshow, to cut down on shipping cost.
So far, neither suggestions have materialized.
Old 10-17-2021, 06:01 PM   #1214
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

I thought that the last newsletter said that they were trying to secure one that didn’t have chemicals in it. I mean. I would love for Ivy and Catwoman to be here a lot sooner than later. But now I am confused.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 06:05 PM   #1215
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo1979 View Post
I thought that the last newsletter said that they were trying to secure one that didn’t have chemicals in it. I mean. I would love for Ivy and Catwoman to be here a lot sooner than later. But now I am confused.
I forgot about the chemical container issue.
Being a metal container, i wonder why they cannot jet-wash the chemicals away?
Old 10-17-2021, 06:19 PM   #1216
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I forgot about the chemical container issue.
Being a metal container, i wonder why they cannot jet-wash the chemicals away?

Well I am sure it has to be sanitized or however they clean those. I am sure it is a rigorous process. On top of the other issues that they have to deal with. Getting to port. Unloading with reliable dock workers and being able to truck them out. I mean. I don’t know how to operate one of those machines. And I am sure it is not easy.

We don’t know what all goes into it.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 06:21 PM   #1217
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The Sideshow PF features a pink skin tone in person. I got used to it. I assumed the Tweeterhead piece would feature a skin tone that matched the proto. Seems the factory has gone with pink also?

Congrats on your piece arriving soon.
I ordered direct from Tweeterhead, and there has been no news. They do not appear to respond to emails?
This is the first time i have order from Tweeterhead. Catwoman represents my 1st Tweeterhead piece.
I wish i had ordered form Sideshow, but i thought at the time the piece would sell out in seconds. It appears i got that very wrong
Thank you. Sorry for your delay in receiving this piece. I spoke to a Sideshow representative last week and she stated that Sideshow had a container that arrived which contained a small allotment of Catwoman statues and they wanted to start fulfilling orders chronologically, from when they were placed.

I will share photos immediately on the forum once I receive this piece and hopefully the pictures can provide some specificity to fellow collectors regarding certain features of this statue.

This is just my opinion and theory only, but I think with Tweeterhead, since they are a smaller company and trying to navigate through this global shipping crisis the majority of their personnel resources may be directed toward securing containers in China, in order to ship their product back to the States. But, at the same time I feel your frustration, because I have items on order with Tweeterhead that are in a holding pattern until they are able to secure containers. Hopefully, your wait will not be too much longer.
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 08:51 AM   #1218
SDguy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb88gZkJxyA
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:06 AM   #1219
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Thank you for posting the video link "SDguy".
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:14 AM   #1220
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Looks much closer to the prototype in that Video, compared to the first pics.

I think she looks really nice.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote