Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 11-22-2019, 05:37 AM   #1571
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I would get an Immortal Hulk Omni. The title has such a hype around it right now, it's crazy. A deffinet pick for me as Omnibus.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:44 AM   #1572
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I'd buy an Immortal Hulk omnibus. The title is selling so well, I can't see Marvel not compiling it into a giant hardcover sometime down the road. The issues I flipped through at the comic shop had some very disturbing images.
I’ve just finished the first Deluxe HC and I’m not sure what all the hype is about. The stories just aren’t all that interesting. I’ll pick up the second but if it doesn’t improve with that one I’m dropping it.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:32 PM   #1573
Mister H
Green Goblin

Soloman Kane: The Original Marvel Years is coming this summer 2020. Really looking forward to this one.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 09:11 PM   #1574
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Hope they do a second print of the Iron Man omnibus’
Old 01-02-2020, 05:39 PM   #1575
ratchet
Mandarin

I just picked up the Carnage Omni. Been trying to get the singles but unfortunately they aren’t as easy to come by
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 05:50 PM   #1576
protector2814
Phoenix

Opened the Annihilation Omnibus for Xmas. 2nd printing. This is the 1st "2nd print" omni in my collection. I have all the original series & all it's spin-offs, so I originally was stubborn & figured I didn't need it. That was until I discovered what an enormous p.i.a it is to pull it all & assemble the issues in order.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:59 AM   #1577
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

If you guys have the comics/Trades, do you still buy the Ominibus. I have all the Sensational She-Hulk Comics, and I have the trades. I have an unhealthy desire to buy the new omnibus even though I have the stories twice already..
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:31 AM   #1578
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
If you guys have the comics/Trades, do you still buy the Ominibus. I have all the Sensational She-Hulk Comics, and I have the trades. I have an unhealthy desire to buy the new omnibus even though I have the stories twice already..
I buy omnibus even though I have the original runs. I have the complete runs of lots of my omnibi (Byrne's FF, Ennis' Punnisher, The Annhilation series, Simonson's Thor, Quesada's Marvel Knights, Werewolf by Night, Master of Kung-fu, Man-Thing) but I still went out & bought the omnibus on all of them. I like the convience ... & not having to pull my damn long-boxes. Lazy = expensive.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:04 AM   #1579
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
I’m trying to get rid of a lot of my comics. When I get an omnibus of a certain run then I’ll sell those comics.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:44 PM   #1580
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Sometimes. I got into Omnibuses later, after Uncanny X-Force was out of print and expensive. I have the entire run but I’m still getting the 2nd printing. Straczynski’s ASM, Morrison’s New X-Men, Hickman’s FF, etc...I have the issues and the Omnibuses and keeping them all.

The runs I really like have a higher chance of me buying the Omnibus. I missed the first few issues of Y: The Last Man and didn’t go back to get them before they went up in value (big mistake on my behalf). But I have most of the run. Still, I bought the Omnibus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I’m trying to get rid of a lot of my comics. When I get an omnibus of a certain run then I’ll sell those comics.
I do this sometimes, too. How are you getting rid of your comics? I need to deflate my collection.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote