Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-22-2019, 11:45 AM   #711
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I'm still waiting on a fully sculpted classic Cap that I want to add to my collection. Cap is the only Avenger I still need to add to my 1/4 collection and unfortunately, I haven't liked any 1/4 Cap released to date. To make matters worse, Cap is my favorite Avenger. The wait has been excruciating.
You ain't kiddin. Same for me but add Batman to that list.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 02:00 AM   #712
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
You ain't kiddin. Same for me but add Batman to that list.
For me it used to be HULK and Cap. Thankfully, XM's transformation HULK took care of HULK for me. Now I only need a fully sculpted classic Cap for my collection. Batman is a super popular character. Companies will always be releasing statues of him. Hopefully, you'll get a 1/4 Bats you like someday soon.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:50 AM   #713
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Completely agreed! I wouldn't pay much attention to divo's vomit-inducing boot-licking posts about Sideshow.

They're quite despicable.

Well, when there is a stench in the air, it can only mean that Nebulhym has come up for some air,....again!

Can't believe you managed it man. From being an XM/IS arse burrowing mole/troll, you actually mutated into a full fledged turd, which makes you an xman with the powers to float. You know, just like your weightless commentary.

Still, I got your back, to celebrate the feat of you escaping XM"s crack. I've PM'ed all members to look before they flush. Wouldn't want you to sink any lower than you already have.

What an ignorant, silly little man.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:04 AM   #714
Divo

Quote:
I'm still waiting on a fully sculpted classic Cap that I want to add to my collection. Cap is the only Avenger I still need to add to my 1/4 collection and unfortunately, I haven't liked any 1/4 Cap released to date. To make matters worse, Cap is my favorite Avenger. The wait has been excruciating.

I, like many, have been waiting for a great classic Cap, for years. And am not saying that this rendition replaces a classic take, but if Cap is your fav(?), and you have room for a modern version, take another look at this(in person if possible). I've had it for a few days, and it's truly grossly underrated, even though every review/reviewer I've seen generally praises the work. Super soldier indeed.

And like many, I'm still waiting for a 1/4 Hulk, Bats, Thor, Mags, all FULLY SCULPTED, please. And yes, I prefer classic, but won't pass-up on some of these truly brilliant modern versions, until we get truly worthy classic renders.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:34 AM   #715
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
I, like many, have been waiting for a great classic Cap, for years. And am not saying that this rendition replaces a classic take, but if Cap is your fav(?), and you have room for a modern version, take another look at this(in person if possible). I've had it for a few days, and it's truly grossly underrated, even though every review/reviewer I've seen generally praises the work. Super soldier indeed.

And like many, I'm still waiting for a 1/4 Hulk, Bats, Thor, Mags, all FULLY SCULPTED, please. And yes, I prefer classic, but won't pass-up on some of these truly brilliant modern versions, until we get truly worthy classic renders.
I have zero issues with the new Cap PF except the costume choice. I just don't like any of the Marvel Now era costumes. It's something that I can't get past. My patience on HULK was rewarded with the XM transformation HULK. It was a long wait and a lot of money. That said, there are a few characters I'm willing to wait and spend good money on. A classic Cap is definitely one of those characters. The other one is a classic Perez Deathstroke. I can't bring myself to compromise on those classic costumes because that era of comics means so much to me. The Marvel Now and DC's New 52 is a particular era of comics that I couldn't stand or stomach. That's why I avoid any and all statues that are associated with Marvel Now and the New 52.

I'm glad you are enjoying your Cap PF Divo. Daniel Bel is a very special talent. I can only hope that Sideshow has him sculpting a classic Cap (or Deathstroke) PF in the near future. For now, my wait continues.
Old 11-24-2019, 11:58 AM   #716
Divo

Quote:
I have zero issues with the new Cap PF except the costume choice. I just don't like any of the Marvel Now era costumes. It's something that I can't get past. My patience on HULK was rewarded with the XM transformation HULK. It was a long wait and a lot of money. That said, there are a few characters I'm willing to wait and spend good money on. A classic Cap is definitely one of those characters. The other one is a classic Perez Deathstroke. I can't bring myself to compromise on those classic costumes because that era of comics means so much to me. The Marvel Now and DC's New 52 is a particular era of comics that I couldn't stand or stomach. That's why I avoid any and all statues that are associated with Marvel Now and the New 52.

I'm glad you are enjoying your Cap PF Divo. Daniel Bel is a very special talent. I can only hope that Sideshow has him sculpting a classic Cap (or Deathstroke) PF in the near future. For now, my wait continues.

Your resolve and patience are greater than my own. Good luck with the continued hunt/wait.

P.S. Why does Bel get credited, when both Barbiero & Catto are both named as the sculptors on SS site?
Old 11-24-2019, 02:38 PM   #717
Peedi
The Secret Six

If this was classic Cap or at least closer to classic I would’ve bought instantly.

I agree though, for a favorite I collect multiples of, having something different instead of the same costume over and over again is a plus. Probably why the new Spidey PF is a slight let down; everybody else was updated...DD, Electra, BW, Wolverine, etc... but then they do the exact same Spidey costume over again. If I collected multiple Caps and had a classic already then this would be a great addition.

Also this Ex would’ve sold out already if it were classic. Magneto, too.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:30 AM   #718
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Your resolve and patience are greater than my own. Good luck with the continued hunt/wait.

P.S. Why does Bel get credited, when both Barbiero & Catto are both named as the sculptors on SS site?
Not sure what it says on sideshow's website but this sculpt is on Bel's ArtStation site and listed in his portfolio as a digital sculpt.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:37 AM   #719
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
If this was classic Cap or at least closer to classic I would’ve bought instantly.

Also this Ex would’ve sold out already if it were classic. Magneto, too.
I agree with you on all your points. I'd have definitely POd this Cap if it was in his classic costume. Same with Mags if sideshow would've given us that MAQ in a classic Byrne or Lee costume/art style. No way I could've resisted either piece in their classic duds.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:53 AM   #720
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Probably why the new Spidey PF is a slight let down; everybody else was updated...DD, Electra, BW, Wolverine, etc... but then they do the exact same Spidey costume over again. If I collected multiple Caps and had a classic already then this would be a great addition.
I'll give them a pass for using the same basic design just for the excellent texturing they've given it this go around. Last PF looked like the costume was painted on. Doc Ock base looks incredible as well.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote