Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 06-13-2006, 12:55 PM   #1
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The New ECW??

Any thoughts?

I thought the one night stand wasn't that good. To WWE-ish for my taste. Last years was way better. Looks like Vince is going to muck this up. I don't know the whole story. Is Paul going to have complete creative control? Judging by that PPV I don't think so.

I also didn't like the way RVD won. It cheapened his win and I don't like that he is going to defend the title on a WWE PPV. If he is ECW and the title is now the ECW title it's dumb. They should keep the ECW completely separate from the WWE. Maybe once a year have a WWE/ECW show or have a couple of kick ass matches at mania.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:01 PM   #2
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

i agree with many of ur points - however i think the wwe/ecw interaction is just for the begining to promote the new show and time slot etc - i agree that they screwed up the win for RVD by having edge interfer - total BS - RVD coulda taken cena - i hate that show wants to be ecw - totally g@y - anyway as for the new breed - i think heyman does have creative control - but vince just wants to make sure it gets coverage as now its more his endevour instead of it being a competitor - so ithink after the intial pop itll be more of a seperate entity - also RVD has to defend the title at a wwe event so it can go back to raw - they have something stupid happen with interference and then the next ecw tv show heyman or vince will just debut a new belt to the champ and life will go on - sucks but atleast they are attempting to give the fans what we want - we'll just have to wait and see
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I hope so dude. If Paul does have control Vince better be prepared to feel extremely stupid because Heyman is going to kick his ass. I can't wait.

I'm still very dissapointed how RVD got the title. So you think they will screw RVD out of the title at Vengence? Then Paul will debut the real ECW belt?

I also thought it was cheesey how they ended the Sabu/Mysterio match. They obviously did that to keep up this sham of a title run for Rey. They know it's not believable for him to beat Sabu so they ended like that so Rey still looks good. Now that Vince has woke up and brought back ECW he needs to finally kill the roster split. Smackdown is a joke and Mysterio still having the title is a bigger joke.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:14 PM   #4
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

the t.v. title
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:16 PM   #5
Ink

anybody watch raw last night?

they brought back DX
Old 06-13-2006, 01:18 PM   #6
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfire00
anybody watch raw last night?

they brought back DX
word borther - ECW is back - RVD has a belt - and DX is back - its a great time to be alive
Old 06-13-2006, 01:20 PM   #7
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

It's about time they brought DX back.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:41 PM   #8
Ink

I wonder who the other members of DX might be?
Old 06-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #9
Daywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfire00
I wonder who the other members of DX might be?
for now its going to be HBK and HHH - i know they have sean waltman ( xpac) working dark matches so he might be brought in soon - chyna already said she WONT be returning to DX or wwe for that matter - and as far as the NAO - they are locked up by TNA but if vince wants them he can get them - even though kip james and vince dont have the best of relations
Old 06-13-2006, 01:50 PM   #10
Daywalker

the other thing about DX is it can be revamped - there is plenty of talent in the company now and i could very easily see carlito being a member of DX as well as the rumored return of jeff hardy - he would be another DX memeber that could take off with a DX push - hell look where HBK and HHH got to and they where the founding members