Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 05-05-2017, 11:03 AM   #81
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Any production pics yet?
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:01 AM   #82
vader-nator
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Just read a post from an artist commissioned to repaint a newly received blue coolprops warrior head from an unhappy customer. Looks truly yucky. I hope its not indicative of the piece so many have pre ordered........
vader-nator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:15 AM   #83
vader-nator

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...arrior%203.jpg
Old 05-07-2017, 02:16 AM   #84
vader-nator

[URL=http://s82.photobucket.com/user/robbythedalek/media/Warrior%203.jpg.html][/URL
Old 05-07-2017, 03:02 PM   #85
Manu81
The Spirit

thats strange because in same facebook there are other users that post different photos that looks really good. By the way, yesterday I have seen the three movies and the warrior seems to have yellow tendons! any way, I hope that with the big chap we won't have the same problems because there are no transparent tendons or bluish paintjobs...
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:06 PM   #86
Vader
Ghost

I think this is the repaint.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:37 PM   #87
Manu81
The Spirit

Unfortunately not.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...21810554658363
I have sent an email to coolprops asking for an explanation because we can not buy a product before seeing a perfect bust and then receive a different product which doesn't worth the prize they are asking for
Old 05-09-2017, 12:24 AM   #88
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu81 View Post
thats strange because in same facebook there are other users that post different photos that looks really good. By the way, yesterday I have seen the three movies and the warrior seems to have yellow tendons! any way, I hope that with the big chap we won't have the same problems because there are no transparent tendons or bluish paintjobs...
Lighting will make a big difference. The guy that took those photos uses full spectrum lighting, which apparently brings out the colours more in photos. But he said it looks like that in person too. He just posted some pictures of the Sideshow 1/2 scale busts in the same lighting to show the difference. It definitely looks like they overdid the blue on the Coolprops.

It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:12 AM   #89
Manu81
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Lighting will make a big difference. The guy that took those photos uses full spectrum lighting, which apparently brings out the colours more in photos. But he said it looks like that in person too. He just posted some pictures of the Sideshow 1/2 scale busts in the same lighting to show the difference. It definitely looks like they overdid the blue on the Coolprops.

Yes. i agree with you. But it's not just about the blue..look at the teeth (different shape than the proto? Teeth looks bigger and less detailed) and the tendons...Hopefully with the big chap bust as we will have chroned teeth, we won't have this and also paintjob in big chap is not as multicolor as in the warrior is...The only thing would be the dome and the skull that I hope they nail it and also I hope they won't add any yellow tendons...please coolprops..do it well!! Why this warrior?I would like to see more pictures...why we only have this?
Old 05-09-2017, 06:45 AM   #90
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu81 View Post
Yes. i agree with you. But it's not just about the blue..look at the teeth (different shape than the proto? Teeth looks bigger and less detailed) and the tendons...Hopefully with the big chap bust as we will have chroned teeth, we won't have this and also paintjob in big chap is not as multicolor as in the warrior is...The only thing would be the dome and the skull that I hope they nail it and also I hope they won't add any yellow tendons...please coolprops..do it well!! Why this warrior?I would like to see more pictures...why we only have this?
Yes, the teeth and tendons look so wrong. The Big Chap is mostly black so I think the biggest concern would be the dome. It needs to be transparent like the proto.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote