Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-08-2017, 07:08 AM   #31
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I've got to say that after over ten years of being a SF member, this is still my favourite section.

Respectful debating, great discussion, thoughtful points raised, everyone joined by a love of comics and a respect for the craft.

Sorry for the gushy post guys, but this area of the forum has always been the first place I visit, and the thing that keeps me returning.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:16 AM   #32
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I remember that story. Wonderful. I think it was by JMS and Eddie Barrows, the "Grounded" arc. You're so right about how both Superman and the FF can be wonderful with the correct writer. I think I even made this point earlier in this thread.
Thanks Joe. I genuinely believe it's just understanding the basic principles of the character.

With Superman, it's a respect for life, freedom, living up to the choice his parents made and never abusing or misusing what makes you strong. And that's it. The cape and costume aren't important, and neither are the powers to an extent. Superman endures because he is human ironically.

With the FF, it's family, imperfectly perfect family. Strip the powers away and they would still be the same people. The FF can be great when whatever situation they are in the familial element shines through, when writers forget that and try to turn them into the X-men, they fail.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #33
Y3E
Gen 13

I have always been a fan of Byrnes run on the FF
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:21 AM   #34
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
I've got to say that after over ten years of being a SF member, this is still my favourite section.

Respectful debating, great discussion, thoughtful points raised, everyone joined by a love of comics and a respect for the craft.

Sorry for the gushy post guys, but this are of the forum has always been the first place I visit, and the thing that keeps me returning.
It's the same for me. It's not about statues anymore for me for many years. This section is defenitely my fave.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:26 AM   #35
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Carlos Pacheco, artist on Occupy Avengers (#3), misses the FF too (on the wall behind Nighthawk)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Occupy Avengers (2016-) 003-003.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	381.7 KB
ID:	105139  
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #36
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post

Sorry for the gushy post guys, but this are of the forum has always been the first place I visit, and the thing that keeps me returning.
I was a comic book collector loooong before I ever bought my 1st statue & now that statues have become too damn expensive for me to purchase, I'm still a comic collector. This section is why I'm still here
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:55 PM   #37
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I was a comic book collector loooong before I ever bought my 1st statue & now that statues have become too damn expensive for me to purchase, I'm still a comic collector. This section is why I'm still here
Same for me on all counts, Jerry. Rich, love your sentiment. I do feel like we're mostly family in this section.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #38
protector2814
Phoenix

This is real BS imo. The ff was and still should be the cornerstone of the MU as far as I'm concerned. Modern Marvel was built on their backs. What a crying shame that Marvel Studios is not even contemplating some sort of deal or negotiation. Hell, I'd even take this modern team if a little TLC was worked into the launch. -

http://www.darkhorizons.com/marvel-s...ic-four-plans/
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:00 PM   #39
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
This is real BS imo. The ff was and still should be the cornerstone of the MU as far as I'm concerned. Modern Marvel was built on their backs. What a crying shame that Marvel Studios is not even contemplating some sort of deal or negotiation. Hell, I'd even take this modern team if a little TLC was worked into the launch. -

http://www.darkhorizons.com/marvel-s...ic-four-plans/
Agree, but I'd still put getting them back into their own comic book title with a premier writer and artist Marvel's top priority. 😡
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:23 PM   #40
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
His Hulk and Original Sin work, admittedly, were terrible. But Scalped, Ghost Rider, Wolverine/Weapon X and Thor are off-the-hook good. And he's said he'd love to work on FF so his heart is in the characters and the book.
Hulk was a disaster under Aaron's pen. I liked Original Sin but he could not keep up the quality that the mini-series started with. I was a fan of his Punisher and Wolverine stuff. I would love to see him tackle FF

Reed does appear in the Infamous Iron Man - which is a really fun book if anyone's been reading it. I wasn't aware it was the Ultimate Reed - maybe I missed it?
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote