Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-22-2017, 04:34 PM   #391
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
At long last, Electro has finally arrived. I know this sounds like a broken record, but once again, XM delivers another fantastic Spiderman villain statue to the collector. What more needs to be said that hasn't already been said? I mean everything from the paints, sculpt, concept, cool base, second phenomenal portrait, maybe the best art print yet, QC off the charts, shading galore, best packaging in the business. This is in essence, perfection....EXCEPT...I do so wish the regular portrait was looking more straight on at the viewer than the downward angle it currently does.

From a display standpoint, if you are viewing Electro from straight on then this portrait doesn't work as well. If you are placing him slightly higher than eye view level...it is immaculate. The actual portrait is sculpted perfectly. It is how I best remember Electro from the comics and what I most appreciate about him...even more than his powers. The second portrait works from all angles and is quite honestly perfect...in every way! There really is not one negative thing to say about this statue. It damn near is a perfect statue and will probably be the best and only statue of this character for years to come.

Paints are flawless with lots of textures and neatness out the wazoo! For how fast these statues are coming from XM (4 - 6 months after PO), to maintain this level of craftsmanship is astounding.

I told everyone years ago when XM first started, I don't see this company cutting corners on their statues. You can see quality from the get go and I was defiant against some antagonists that just knew XM would fall off in a few years.

Like the Energizer bunny folks....XM keeps going and going and going! How befitting a quote for a review of a statue of a character that is for all intents and purposes, and electrical battery. Go figure!!!

Concept / Sculpt = 9.5 / 10 .5 deducted for the regular portrait having to be displayed above eye level.

Paint Application / QC = 10 / 10 As flawless a paint app I have seen. The intensity of the green and yellow are excellent.

Extras = 8.5 / 10 Not much in the way of extras except maybe the most immaculate portrait (screaming head) in the history of statues. Somebody find me a better head sculpt and paint up by any company and I will pay you $100...meaning...it ain't gonna happen cause there isn't. There may be some just as good...but not better at least IMO. As usual, all XM comic statues come with a wicked art print...and Electro may just be the best one yet. Nice color manual / directions booklet as well.

Packaging / Presentation = 10 / 10 This is Electro perfection in all honesty. I can't find anything negative to say.

Overall Rating = 9.75 / 10. The only thing I can say is I wish the regular portrait was more forward facing. Other than that...this is about as PERFECT a statue as it gets. Bravo XM...now let's see Rhino, Doc Ock, and Scorpion and Hobgoblin and Green Goblin!!! I think you folks are going to like the Gobby of Green oh...so...very...much!!!

dude that screaming head sculpt is awesome! Congrats!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:59 PM   #392
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Minjae Yoon

"Until the Octopus was released, Electro is best of best among the sinister six ever released!", Minjae Yoon.

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:59 PM   #393
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Old 08-25-2017, 02:16 PM   #394
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Old 08-25-2017, 02:17 PM   #395
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Old 08-25-2017, 02:17 PM   #396
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Old 09-01-2017, 01:56 PM   #397
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Mike Misterski

"The Sinister Six is shaping up very nicely with the most recent addition of Electro! Love, love love this one. The sculpt and pose are perfect. Stellar paint apps and both head sculpts are phenomenal, although I am a classic guy, so classic portrait is what I will be displaying. Thanks go out to XM and Daniel Bel for this amazing piece. Now bring on Doc Ock!", Mike Misterski.

XM Studios Facebook

XM Studios Europe Facebook

Old 09-01-2017, 01:56 PM   #398
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Old 09-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #399
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Just got my Electro! He's awesome and he looks great next to my Iron Studios Spiderman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4920.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	270.0 KB
ID:	108221  
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:34 PM   #400
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Congrats , thanks for the pic ! They look great together indeed !
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote