Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-14-2017, 04:01 PM   #491
ukshaun
Hercules

I might be exaggerating alittle here, but it seems like XM are always revealing new statues in their grey / unpainted form, all the while allowing news to dry up on long running statues in development. Catwoman springs to mind.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:46 PM   #492
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Just to give a little insight...XM's timeframe of a statue from PO to release is aimed at 3 - 6 months. In order to do that, I suspect XM is starting on painting on production pieces even before the official PO goes up on their website.

This way, there is less waiting by the customer once the money for a PO has been placed. Secondly, if XM already has a head start before PO, it becomes easier for them to hit the 3 - 6 month time frame. I'd say they are doing a damn great job at that. Kinpin, Iron Fist, and others are being released not 3 - 4 months since the PO was placed.

IN addition to finally having to wait to get approval on head sculpt...I wouldn't be surprised if they are already well underway being painted. PO may be going up pretty soon...and that would seem to fit the time frame for release.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:50 PM   #493
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Just to give a little insight...XM's timeframe of a statue from PO to release is aimed at 3 - 6 months. In order to do that, I suspect XM is starting on painting on production pieces even before the official PO goes up on their website.

This way, there is less waiting by the customer once the money for a PO has been placed. Secondly, if XM already has a head start before PO, it becomes easier for them to hit the 3 - 6 month time frame. I'd say they are doing a damn great job at that. Kinpin, Iron Fist, and others are being released not 3 - 4 months since the PO was placed.

IN addition to finally having to wait to get approval on head sculpt...I wouldn't be surprised if they are already well underway being painted. PO may be going up pretty soon...and that would seem to fit the time frame for release.
XM is great to give a time frame but isn't able to complete the page on their website as requested...That's pretty good indeed. Sorry for that but it really irritates me
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:40 PM   #494
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Im not making an excuse for that...I agree with you. But just giving more clarity...if you will.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:52 PM   #495
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Im not making an excuse for that...I agree with you. But just giving more clarity...if you will.
np ..that was just a spontaneous reaction, nothing against you, just a discussion.

The fact is when XM shows all new releases, my seller comes by and asks what i want to PO ( i suppose it's for everyone the same)..so yes i PO a lot cause i love what XM is doing but you never know when it comes cause at that time there is no official PO date..and when official PO starts i said to myself..sh...if i knew all would come in the same time maybe i would have done other/better choices. After that you're almost blocked cause if you want to cancel for a reason or another knowing deposit are enormous, almost 300 or 400 EUR/USD per statue, you can't or you will lose a lot. I just want premium service for premium collectibles.
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:42 AM   #496
ukshaun
Hercules

I'm guessing the date for pre_order is fast approaching.
This is one XM piece i'm tempted by.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:35 AM   #497
actionjackson83
Midnighter

they were probably holding this PO to make sure they secured a global license first and for the rest of their rising sun line so it's understandable.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:13 PM   #498
ukshaun
Hercules

Listed on the XM Studios Europe Shop: 'XM Studios Upcoming'
XM Studios Catwoman 1/4 Premium Collectibles Statue
https://www.xm-studios.shop/de/XM-St...-Catwoman.html

No price listed yet. I have a feeling it will be 1000,00+ EUR
Then again, the paint app isn't super complicated, even if the bike is quite large.

4 Portraits are shown. 3rd from the left works best. I do like the 1st cat style crash helmet also.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:29 PM   #499
dechirico7
The Flash

The portraits are ok.
Still liked the one on the far left, below.
It would have been my choice for display.

[/QUOTE]
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:09 PM   #500
French Cancan
Deadman

The portrait ( the masked one) looks good, very good. It's inusual with XM... Their female portraits are nice unpainted, but become ugly when their painters try to make up them...
It's a pity, I don't like the bike.
Waiting for the Batgirl now....
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote