Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-30-2017, 10:07 PM   #1261
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
I don't know how long can Spencer take explaining Arahom's Mistakes
i heard a rumor that in the third issue of Astria that she goes after a disreputable statue maker that steals people's money... there is a big gun fight and Astria ends up with a statue that's totally different than the one she ordered. It was supposed to be out a few months back but I think I heard Arahom had some issues with the plot line and told Spencer to rewrite some stuff.

I also heard this is the second rewrite. In the first story, the statue maker gets the drop on Astria and is about to tell her that her statues are going to arrive damaged after a two year wait but he gets betrayed by his sculpture who shots him in the back after he realizes he's been working for a disreputable employer.

From what I heard it was a pretty cool story and the sculptor had a lot of fans so they decided to make a spin off where he gets trapped in this crazy snow storm... what are they called again? Anyway... I think ARH lost the rights to that character... not entirely sure.

And yes... all of the above is made up satire...
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:29 PM   #1262
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
It's all good.
Thanks man. I hope you can believe me when I tell you that I try to engage in no more intentional internet douche-baggery than is absolutely necessary.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:35 PM   #1263
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Thanks man. I hope you can believe me when I tell you that I try to engage in no more intentional internet douche-baggery than is absolutely necessary.
In the fourth issue of Astria I heard tell that she goes up against the insidious interned douche-bagger.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:41 AM   #1264
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post

I like to strike a happy medium with my douche-baggery.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:40 PM   #1265
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Well if I was ordering it wouldn't matter cause I wouldn't display it topless either. However some things would, like the aforementioned Vader. Also I don't really like the knife on the Tarzan much so the spear would be a point of contention for me too, I didn't like some other aspects of it either though which is why I passed.
I am not very happy about Tarzan missing the spear. Might just call them next week and let them know its complete bullsh-t... if they answer the phone!
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:08 PM   #1266
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith3388 View Post
I am not very happy about Tarzan missing the spear. Might just call them next week and let them know its complete bullsh-t... if they answer the phone!
They should just stop posting photos and item description and just post the name and price. Obviously they don't care, or are incapable of delivering the statue as they pictured it and don't put a lot of stock into including the pieces it is supposed to come with either.

No wonder they didn't offer refunds on Sha-Ryn... knowing they dropped the ball on Tarzan as well they realized they would have to offer refunds on that as well. But guess what... people deserve to get refunds when they don't get what they pay for.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:18 PM   #1267
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
They should just stop posting photos and item description and just post the name and price. Obviously they don't care, or are incapable of delivering the statue as they pictured it and don't put a lot of stock into including the pieces it is supposed to come with either.

No wonder they didn't offer refunds on Sha-Ryn... knowing they dropped the ball on Tarzan as well they realized they would have to offer refunds on that as well. But guess what... people deserve to get refunds when they don't get what they pay for.
Or they could live up to their description and just make the spear in house and include them. But that might be expecting too much.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:42 PM   #1268
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith3388 View Post
Or they could live up to their description and just make the spear in house and include them. But that might be expecting too much.
The only thing they have produced in house is a defective Valkyrie. People are posting they are waiting three years now on solutions for defective Huntress statues. I guess they will put the spear hand in the line.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:06 AM   #1269
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

You guys mentioned Astria. That was one I was waiting to see what the sculpt would look like. But with what's going on no way would I purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
The only thing they have produced in house is a defective Valkyrie. People are posting they are waiting three years now on solutions for defective Huntress statues. I guess they will put the spear hand in the line.
What happened with the Valkyrie? I don't think I read about that one in detail.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:48 AM   #1270
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
You guys mentioned Astria. That was one I was waiting to see what the sculpt would look like. But with what's going on no way would I purchase.

What happened with the Valkyrie? I don't think I read about that one in detail.
They painted it up and then glued the painted pieces together and shipped it. It arrived all broke up. There was more to it than that, because they ended up recasting the molds to make future Valkyrie statues. From the last vid Arahom released it looked like they were getting ready to paint and ship again.

This was the first of the statues that they said would ship as soon as it was paid off. Oh well...