Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-23-2017, 02:42 AM   #231
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
We probably won't see it addressed, although it's pretty damn disturbing and discouraging. Basically, XM is part of the problem.
What do you think they should do instead for licenses that they are not allowed to sell worldwide?
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:31 AM   #232
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

To me it barely matters. XM Mags is the only piece I know of going for a super crazy amount. Typically I have seen all their statues cheaper than the original flipper price, but it takes patience. You have to let impulse buyers pick up their statues from the flippers. Then you have to wait for the other flippers to realize how stupid they are for trying to uses statues as an investment. When they realize they can't sell every statue at a huge mark up, they will keep posting it for sale- cheaper & cheaper.
Or you can wait for a collector or random fan to buy the piece and sell it down the road.
Believe it or not- some people look at a used statue and actually sell it at a used price.
There is a portion of statue buyers that pay Zero attention to the "aftermarket".

Maybe not so much for us US XM collectors, but as far as the hobby. We made all this market what it is. When we Preorder day 1. When we hype pieces that aren't made yet. When we are willing to pay whatever they ask. It goes on. We are like addicts and keep us up.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #233
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
To me it barely matters. XM Mags is the only piece I know of going for a super crazy amount. Typically I have seen all their statues cheaper than the original flipper price, but it takes patience. You have to let impulse buyers pick up their statues from the flippers. Then you have to wait for the other flippers to realize how stupid they are for trying to uses statues as an investment. When they realize they can't sell every statue at a huge mark up, they will keep posting it for sale- cheaper & cheaper.
Or you can wait for a collector or random fan to buy the piece and sell it down the road.
Believe it or not- some people look at a used statue and actually sell it at a used price.
There is a portion of statue buyers that pay Zero attention to the "aftermarket".

Maybe not so much for us US XM collectors, but as far as the hobby. We made all this market what it is. When we Preorder day 1. When we hype pieces that aren't made yet. When we are willing to pay whatever they ask. It goes on. We are like addicts and keep us up.
Ghost Rider, Venom, and Cable are the others that are still selling for well over retail. Most of their other statues can be had for around retail now, but those are sought after statues that most people didn't get a chance to PO for retail price. For popular statues like Cable though, I think even if XM put the full 999 available to PO on their website for anyone worldwide it would sell out in a few minutes and flippers would buy as many as they could with different accounts and flip them for crazy prices anyway. It's so hard to stop that kind of thing.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:10 PM   #234
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:

I have yet to register a single one of my XM pieces.

We probably won't see it addressed, although it's pretty damn disturbing and discouraging. Basically, XM is part of the problem.
LOL exactly, and you have how many 15? I've got 6 and I may have registered the first 2 but then realized there's no benefit in doing so... so between the 2 of us we've got 21 XM statues in the US with a total of 2 registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Ghost Rider, Venom, and Cable are the others that are still selling for well over retail. Most of their other statues can be had for around retail now, but those are sought after statues that most people didn't get a chance to PO for retail price. For popular statues like Cable though, I think even if XM put the full 999 available to PO on their website for anyone worldwide it would sell out in a few minutes and flippers would buy as many as they could with different accounts and flip them for crazy prices anyway. It's so hard to stop that kind of thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post

I agree 100% with you guys regarding flippers, but you are mixing "flippers" with grey market distributors. This is not a "flipper", this is a grey market distributor IMO getting supply directly from XM or from various authorized dealers to move pieces to customers in unlicensed regions. "Flippers" don't have a warehouse with 100s of XM statues:

BTW I love my XM pieces and will continue to pick them up. But XM fans shouldn't fall for the "sold out" illusion and pay silly prices. Folks bought Venom for >$2K and now the BST grey market sellers are releasing the rest of their inventory for $1400 or less. The supply is there for 90% of XM pieces with a few exceptions, and patience pays off... don't get ripped off!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:27 PM   #235
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

though i like some of XM works,,i decided to stop buying XM,, by the time I have it hand it was costing me double of what i usually pay for SS, (only one i have ,which was bought from Simply toys before the shipping restrictions)..
like the posters above me posted, Im baffled how this grey market sellers are getting stock like this from XM when XM claims everything is sold out,, these people have GR VENOm Cable ,but wil only sell for retail in bundles with other XM statues.i dont see how XM can deny they dont know these people, i know at 2 least posters on FB BST pages, who show off their warehouse with XM products,,come on at least be a little discreet about it,,
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #236
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
though i like some of XM works,,i decided to stop buying XM,, by the time I have it hand it was costing me double of what i usually pay for SS, (only one i have ,which was bought from Simply toys before the shipping restrictions)..
like the posters above me posted, Im baffled how this grey market sellers are getting stock like this from XM when XM claims everything is sold out,, these people have GR VENOm Cable ,but wil only sell for retail in bundles with other XM statues.i dont see how XM can deny they dont know these people, i know at 2 least posters on FB BST pages, who show off their warehouse with XM products,,come on at least be a little discreet about it,,

XM could easily place restrictions on these sellers, since they are the ones that supply them.
I just don't think that's going to happen, especially around this "bundle crap" these sellers are using to move unsold product. These grey market guys are the ones keeping them in business, not us. Just another way to control supply/demand and inflate the market price.

Sounds like a goddamn scam to me.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:48 PM   #237
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

unfortunately, for a lot of XM collectors, these 2 -3 resellers are only hope of getting XM for a somewhat fair price,, so they dont question anything and keep givng glowing recommendations and references to the sellers,, but their money their choice,,
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:03 PM   #238
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

I think it's kind of funny to see the US buyers get so upset about high shipping fees, and maybe even *gasp* import customs and taxes...you guys are just spoiled having Sideshow in the US. ZOMG, this XM piece cost me a lot of money...must be some kind of conspiracy theory!

International customers have been dealing with this for ages. For me personally, most XM pieces cost me about the same as a Sideshow piece...and that's after shipping, too.

It's also not a big secret that most XM pieces can be had for retail...really, guys, you are not uncovering some vast tomb of knowledge here. Flippers won't go away, but don't get mad at flippers trying to sell for ridiculous prices, get mad at the people willing to pay those ridiculous prices.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #239
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
I think it's kind of funny to see the US buyers get so upset about high shipping fees, and maybe even *gasp* import customs and taxes...you guys are just spoiled having Sideshow in the US. ZOMG, this XM piece cost me a lot of money...must be some kind of conspiracy theory!

International customers have been dealing with this for ages. For me personally, most XM pieces cost me about the same as a Sideshow piece...and that's after shipping, too.

It's also not a big secret that most XM pieces can be had for retail...really, guys, you are not uncovering some vast tomb of knowledge here. Flippers won't go away, but don't get mad at flippers trying to sell for ridiculous prices, get mad at the people willing to pay those ridiculous prices.
You're clearly missing the point of this conversation.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:08 PM   #240
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
You're clearly missing the point of this conversation.
LMAO!! You beat me to it. The guy needs to work on his reading comprehension
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote