Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 06-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #1
Anyriss
Doh!

Question Bowen Tim Miller Black Cat - Damage! Need Help

Hello All. I just got in my grail of grails, the lovely Bowen Designs Black Cat.

I'm super excited to get her, buuut, she got damaged during shipping. T_T The seller didn't insure the package (and eBay didn't give me a choice beyond "Economy Shipping"). I emailed them already, but I figure either way I'm going to have to fix her cause I ain't gonna try to hunt down another one under $200.

I was hoping someone would have some sort of advice on what I could do about this.

Her ankle cracked in shipping. D8
1~
2~
One of her finger tips also has a small chip on it. I didn't take a picture of that because it was in the listing so I wasn't going to bring it up to the seller. That one is just a super teensy piece right on the tip of her pointer finger.

There's also some paint missing on the base.

The base I can probably just glue some extra diamonds to to hide the missing spots, I have to get some anyway because she didn't come with any. So I'm not too worried about that.

I'm mostly worried about the ankle because I don't want it to cause further chipping of the paint, or create a more structurally damaging crack.
Anyriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Insurance or not, the ebay seller is responsible for the condition of the item. Insurane or no insurance is th gamble of the seller. This was a change to ebay policy a few years back. That's why I embed the insurance fee as part of the item and handling cost. The seller either needs to accept the itm back with full refund regardless of the rturn policy or compensate you for the damage. Check ebay's policies. You also have some protections via paypal.

As for the ankle crack, it probably goes beyond the paint. If you have the modeling skills to due so, I would sand down around the crack to see if it goes to the resin. If it does, grind down the crack with a Dremel, fill wit epoxy putty and repaint. For the missing jewels, you can try a craft shop like Michaels
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #3
dugabrams
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I highly doubt that the ankle cracked during shipping. It takes leverage to break it there. The kind of leverage you have when it's in the base. It's not an easy fix or repaint either. I think in that condition, it's worth about $100. Get a partial refund I say.
dugabrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:57 AM   #4
Barbarian
Jedi Order

The only time I've ever seen ankle breaks like that it was on statues where the figure was attached to the base. Highly highly highly doubtful that breakage happened during shipping. Take this seller down however you can and get a refund. EBay/Paypal disputes. Of course, you could always start by asking for a refund + shipping.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:39 PM   #5
Anyriss
Doh!

Jedi_Don; Okay, I will contact them about it. I figure more along the lines of a partial refund, as with her on a shelf no being moved, I don't think it would be too much of an issue?
The only other one I have that's broken is the new 'DC Collectibles Designer Series Starfire Statue' but it just has a break in the hair, so the handling situation would be different.

What do you suggest for paint?

Dugabrams & Barbarian; Okay. I know she came to me wrapped separate from the base, but before that I don't know. They had a lot of pictures in the listing, and I don't see the crack on them, so I was guessing it broke during shipping. But I suppose it could have been broken taking it off the base TO ship.

I will definitely talk to them about it.
Anyriss is offline   Reply With Quote