Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #21
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I destroy the shippers that were soaked in rain or damaged in transit. Pointless in keeping them, besides isn't the cardboard acidic, so eventually it deteriorates over time?

I may go the same route as OC, especially as the market continues to get flooded with crap. Just gets harder and harder to sell and get your money back.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #22
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I store all my boxes in the attic and garage but I'm beginning to run out of space and I refuse to pay a storage place hundreds a month to store it. So my one and only option will be keep the original box fold it and lose the styrofoam. That doesn't apply to xm boxes unfortunately because you can't fold those lol. So I would keep those of course. i've never even sold a statue before so me saving the boxes is basically for me personally if I ever move. It would make my life easier but I don't think I will have that luxury soon
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #23
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
straight trash and the same goes for the Styrofoam. I never plan on selling anything I buy and if I ever have to move there are other packaging options for fragile items.

I will flatten the art boxes and keep those. keeping the boxes just seems like a waste of space
You guys are crazy to get rid of these! I've sold a lot statues in the past and having the original foam,art-box and shipper makes it Sooooooooo much easier..These statues break so easy in shipping its ridiculous. But I'm never going to sell my statues statement..Right, time changes everything..Never say never. Even if you don't, when you die and you will..Somebody will have to deal with them..Then again if you have money to burn and don't care so be it..just remember, i don't want your naked statues either.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:08 AM   #24
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Keep them. They take up aprox the same amount of space as the color box. No matter how much you think you'll never sell a piece, you just never know. Minds were made for changing.

I used to throw them away way back when then I realized I was an idiot, they don't take up any more room and helps retain the value of the piece

getting rid of boxes / styrofoam...? lolz good luck moving
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:25 AM   #25
Fuzz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Unhappy

I got rid of a lot of the shipper boxes as they tended to arrive damaged. Try to keep as many as I can, though.

Lucky for me, I have a warehouse to store all the boxes. Though, with 70+ statues, they take up 3 pallet spaces (1.2m x 1.2m x 2.2m).
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:11 PM   #26
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Why would u throw the shipper box when it doesn't take much space unless there are styrofoam corners making it bigger. Haven't a complete box is worth more if you ever sell it. People want everything especially if it protects the art box. The art box is thinner also so it has less protection to support the styrofoam & statue.

I feel sorry for people who throws everything out and try to sell there statues later. It's worth significantly less.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #27
SuperJ300
Zot

You keep them, they are for protecting the art box when shipping. Also they don't take much more room.

This is a good thread discussion tho!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #28
Catman
Fantastic Four

I keep them for inconspicuous storage. My wife just looks past them and my collection can appear small.

I actually have a question in the same vein about long term storage. How low of a temp is too low for storing statues? Everything stored in boxes in an insulated space, but ambient air temps can get to 30-20 f, with nearly no humidity. Possible? Crazy?
Catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #29
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I do keep the art boxes as those are easily broken down and stored flat once you get rid of the interior styrofoam.
Mind if I ask, what's the point of keeping the art box if you've thrown out the styro?

FYI and for the sake of the thread, I keep everything.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:48 PM   #30
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Mind if I ask, what's the point of keeping the art box if you've thrown out the styro?

FYI and for the sake of the thread, I keep everything.
That's just insane and makes no sense. Also, throwing away styrofoam just put the value of the statue loss to over 50%. No collectors want there statue to be shipped without the original packaging. The risk of getting it damage are high.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote