Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 01-01-2019, 07:14 AM   #1
ukshaun
Hercules

Hot Toys Real Hair product ideas?

Suggestions guys/girls ?

I caved in and picked up Black Widow (Avengers: Infinity War)
The hair is too light, clean, fluffy compared to how Black Widow looked in the movie.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be added to the hair to tame it, and make it look more battle worn, greasy, sweaty, flatter.
The roots should be dark also.

I have considered real hair wax. For the roots, water down dye applied with a super small brush.
It goes without saying, there are no plans to sell the piece or preserved it so that it looks like new in a box in a 100 years time ;D
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:44 AM   #2
MikeandElio
Frackin!

Hello, you can use fabric markers or fabric dye (preferable for synthetic materials). You want to be careful not to get any on the face. Since you could always carfully remove the section of the rooted hair (unlike with a doll) you are less likely to stain the face of you do it that way. If you do not want to remove the hair section from the head you need to mask off the face with your choice of washable Elmer’s glue, liquid latex, liquid masking or Vaseline. After you have gotten the desired look you have to wash the hair with hot water. Using a boil wash would help remove any extra dye from the hair. The dye may wash off more then you like at first so you just repeat.

here is a picture from when I had a youtube video on how to do this technique.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (111).png
Views:	5
Size:	311.4 KB
ID:	121820  
MikeandElio is offline   Reply With Quote