Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #31
UTDWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I got the parchment map and Argonath Art print it worked out as one penny extra thanks to the deal. Shame about the shipping methods, I opted for untracked so fingers crossed I don’t have any isssues.
UTDWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:19 PM   #32
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I pretty much wait for theses sales to blow my LOTR/Hobbit Weta wad. As a 1:6 statue collector Black Friday was a complete bust for me so I had a feeling the Stock Take Sale was gonna break my bank.

Love that these are in stock and I have access to my Weta Dollar balance as soon as I pay for one transaction. That’s certainly softened the blow but I’ve still spent a bit. That said the savings is significant.

Purchases so far...
  • Isildur
  • Haldir
  • Dwarf Soldiers of the Iron Hills
  • Mirkwood Elf Soldier
  • Eomer on Firefoot

Hoping to see the Ringwraith of Forod in one of the last Flash sales and I’ll have grabbed most everything I expected to go on sale.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:59 PM   #33
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Nice haul, I missed out on Isildur myself.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:58 PM   #34
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Nice haul, I missed out on Isildur myself.
That sucks! I knew he was going to go fast so I was ready and waiting when the sale went live. I was mildly concerned that he’d sell out even before this sale but ultimately felt the risk of holding out was worth it.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:44 PM   #35
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
That sucks! I knew he was going to go fast so I was ready and waiting when the sale went live. I was mildly concerned that he’d sell out even before this sale but ultimately felt the risk of holding out was worth it.
Yea, I missed the first couple days of it, it wasn't posted here which is where I saw it last year.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 12:09 PM   #36
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yea, I missed the first couple days of it, it wasn't posted here which is where I saw it last year.
That sucks! I generally post that info here but there isn’t a lot of Weta activity on these boards unfortunately so it slipped my mind.

Are you on their mailing list? If not make sure you are as you’ll get email notifications of these sales in addition to being notified of new product before it’s available to purchase.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:13 PM   #37
UTDWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I just received my first print. Still waiting on the second, it’s literally a print with elastic band in a tube (not sealed with tape/staples). They could easily condense orders like this to one tube - it’s just laziness.
UTDWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:29 PM   #38
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTDWalker View Post
I just received my first print. Still waiting on the second, it’s literally a print with elastic band in a tube (not sealed with tape/staples). They could easily condense orders like this to one tube - it’s just laziness.
To play devils advocate here it’s actually completely feasible to not offer any form of combined shipping. As easy as it’d be to condense your specific order it’d require several full time employees if they offered it on all orders. That’s not even factoring the logistics behind inventory control. If it was my company I’d do the exact same thing as Weta. They know the weight/dimensions of everything they sell immediately which means an accurate shipping total for their customers at checkout. Plus everything is good to go immediately which is one of the reasons they ship so quickly after in stock orders are placed.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:53 PM   #39
SeekNdestroy
Frackin!

I went to order 3 of the mini statues for $150. However, when selecting the shipping for each item in the cart, for one of the items (Bilbo Baggins), it said not in stock and did not provide a shipping date like the others, even though it still allows you to purchase. I called Weta and they asked me to send a screen shot. I did and they responded quickly and said that it’s not in stock in the US warehouse, which is where I’m ordering from. My question is since it still allows me to order, will it just ship from one of their other warehouses or is it safe to say I missed out on this piece? I emailed Weta with that question but unfortunately they haven’t responded yet like they did my first message.
SeekNdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:12 PM   #40
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Safe to say you missed it. Also if it was available via another warehouse it’d specify during checkout and shipping would be dramatically higher so you’d notice it.