Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-29-2018, 12:52 PM   #24501
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Bird Box 5/10. I don’t get the hype on this one.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 01:58 PM   #24502
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Un conte de Nöel / A Christmas Tale (2008) - The troubled Vuillard family is no stranger to illness, grief, and banishment, but when their matriarch requires a bone-marrow transplant, the estranged clan reunites just in time for Christmas.

I like to save my favorite Christmas movie for viewing on Christmas Eve. 10/10
Excellent movie, and it's fun watching Deneuve acting opposite her real-life daughter.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 02:51 PM   #24503
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The Hustler (1961) - 10/10

Doesn’t get much better than Paul Newman and Jackie Gleason as Fast Eddie and Minnesota Fats. Excellent movie with superb acting. One of my favorites.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 06:38 PM   #24504
Agent23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Bird Box 5/10. I don’t get the hype on this one.
I just watched it. It was decent, I’ll give it a 7/10

I liked it better than A Quiet Place, which it was similar to, it also has a 28 Days Later, and (the show) Lost feel to it.
Old 12-29-2018, 08:14 PM   #24505
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
I just watched it. It was decent, I’ll give it a 7/10

I liked it better than A Quiet Place, which it was similar to, it also has a 28 Days Later, and (the show) Lost feel to it.
I had no interest in seeing this but now I’m having second thoughts. To me, 28 Days Later is a modern day horror masterpiece and A Quiet Place was right up there with Mandy as my favorite horror film of 2018.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 09:30 PM   #24506
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Aquaman 6/10. Cgi was way too noticeable.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:34 PM   #24507
Agent23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I had no interest in seeing this but now I’m having second thoughts. To me, 28 Days Later is a modern day horror masterpiece and A Quiet Place was right up there with Mandy as my favorite horror film of 2018.
I love 28 Days Later also, one of my favorites. Give Bird Box a try, you may not give it a 10, but it’s still pretty enjoyable. It does have some intense moments that I liked. I think it’s worth watching. I’m not usually a big Sandra Bullock fan, but she was pretty good in it.

I have to give Mandy a watch. My favorite horror film of 2018 has to be Hereditary. Couple months later and I still think about that movie. I think Get Out was released last year , but I watched it this year , another one I really liked. And I’m looking forward to the same director’s follow up - US
Old 12-30-2018, 01:44 AM   #24508
Frankierock
Omega Red

Aquaman 8/10 ...would have been perfect if CGI didn't get in the way at times , and some really cheesy moments...overall great film this makes him an A list character. Same thing happened to Antman in he Marvel Universe.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 03:13 AM   #24509
Vracula
Jedi Order

Aquaman -7/10

Ok I knew what I was getting myself into considering it's directed by James Wan, he is one of those formulaic directors I can actually stand and I think overall I didn't cringe as much as I expected. There were things I was not expecting however.
You want some Indiana Jones, some Horror , how about brief Romance movie? Some LOTR? It's got it all, which is kinda weird but anyways it's slightly above standard fare ,nowhere near as cringey as Wonder Woman but my God the music selection was atrocious at certain sections, it even had a pitbull song . My god.

All in all a great Family movie and one which I will watch again.

Also Jason Mamoa is great. Nicole Kidman and Willem Dafoe were certainly not needed.

Does this save the DC Trainwreck, not even close. Probably has something else to lean on apart from WW.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:08 AM   #24510
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
I have to give Mandy a watch. My favorite horror film of 2018 has to be Hereditary. Couple months later and I still think about that movie. I think Get Out was released last year , but I watched it this year , another one I really liked. And I’m looking forward to the same director’s follow up - US
I’ll add Hereditary to my watch list as that’s not the first time I’ve heard positive buzz on that one.

Give Mandy a shot if you’re down for trying something different. Definitely not for everyone, especially the faint of heart as it pushes some boundaries. A very dark, very intense, trippy atmospheric nightmare with a slow build up that explodes in the last half.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote