Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-08-2018, 09:59 AM   #171
AC_808
Hercules

Man, this piece is stupendous! Outright incredible!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:41 PM   #172
SONICobra
Batman

any confirmation if the sash / thigh armor is removable or not?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:14 PM   #173
Mister H
Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
any confirmation if the sash / thigh armor is removable or not?
I’m wondering the same thing. Hopefully so, but even if it isn’t, I’m not passing up the best Deathstroke on the market so far.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:56 PM   #174
juju
Doh!

Hey All-

Anyone know the specifics on how the ordering process will play out on this piece since it's a global license? I understand that it is an XM exclusive but if I can order it direct and if it is MTO it would be better than procuring it from a 3rd party.

I am wondering if there is a precedent for this situation (Exclusive + Global)? I'm also curious if anyone thinks if they get enough direct orders at the cons if there might be too few left over to offer enough on the website. I don't want to overpay (like a previous order) if I don't have to, but at the same time I don't want to miss out on this one.

Sorry if this was described earlier, if so I must've missed it. I pinged XM already about it and am awaiting a response but am starting to get anxious if I should secure one elsewhere and pay a markup. I would rather not if I didn't have to, but the hype bumps the price up (at least early on) and this piece is phenomenal. If there's a way to order it direct that would be ideal, especially if I able to leverage a Prestige discount...

Sorry I'm not much of a contributor here but I have been a daily reader here going on 6 years now. Not very chatty I guess, but I contribute in other ways. Any info would be appreciated, thanks...��

Last edited by juju; 09-08-2018 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Grammar
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 04:00 PM   #175
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Yes, you will be able to order it direct from them as it is a worldwide license. However, if I remember correctly, you are not able to use the prestige discount since they've gone the route of terming this another "Exclusive."

EDIT: Just looked up Dark Phoenix who was another one of these so-called "Exclusive" pieces, and she only has one price listed on her product page with no prestige discount showing at all. So, I'm pretty sure my above statement is correct.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 04:41 PM   #176
juju
Doh!

Great thanks for the info. The Prestige discount would've been gravy but I was guessing it might not be offered for Exclusives, as long as I can order direct from NA I think we might have a good chance to secure one if we order in time.

The big question I have still is whether or not it will be MTO like the others, and if they will have enough left over to offer up online after all of the direct sales (assuming there will be some sort of ES cap). MTO generally means everyone who really wants one can get one if they order in a timely fashion. If there aren't many left at that point when it goes "live" online it complicates things.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:48 PM   #177
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I would assume yes to being MTO. They seem to be doing MTO with almost all of their pieces now. So, not only will you be able to order direct through XM's website, you could also get it through retailers here like Spec Fiction.

In fact, Spec is already taking orders for it.

https://www.specfictionshop.com/coll...-by-xm-studios

So, you've got Spec Fiction which is offering it for $1,079 plus normal U.S. shipping.

Or, XM's price of 1099 SGD ($797 USD) plus approximately $250-300 shipping.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 05:02 PM   #178
juju
Doh!

Thanks for putting my mind to ease...

Yes I saw the Spec Fiction listing, but honestly (and no offense to them or anyone else) if you do the math (not going to do here) there's a markup baked into that price just like most other 3rd parties. There is a price break if you pay in full that brings the overall cost closer to buying direct, but I'm more inclined to paying a deposit rather than fronting the full amount upfront.

Good news sounds like if it is MTO and there are enough to go around there should be plenty of avenues to get one if you really want one depending on your circumstances.

Thanks again...

Last edited by juju; 09-08-2018 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Added a bit about paying in full
Old 09-08-2018, 06:39 PM   #179
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju View Post
Thanks for putting my mind to ease...

Yes I saw the Spec Fiction listing, but honestly (and no offense to them or anyone else) if you do the math (not going to do here) there's a markup baked into that price just like most other 3rd parties. There is a price break if you pay in full that brings the overall cost closer to buying direct, but I'm more inclined to paying a deposit rather than fronting the full amount upfront.

Good news sounds like if it is MTO and there are enough to go around there should be plenty of avenues to get one if you really want one depending on your circumstances.

Thanks again...
There is a markup because it is exclusive. They had to go through extra hoops to acquire Deathstroke to sell on their website. So the little extra money is kind of warranted to see what they had to do to acquire it.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:03 PM   #180
juju
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
There is a markup because it is exclusive. They had to go through extra hoops to acquire Deathstroke to sell on their website. So the little extra money is kind of warranted to see what they had to do to acquire it.

Yes I know the reason why but didn't feel the need to belabor it. My hope is to try to buy it direct if possible to avoid wasting money unnecessarily. I mean, saving money is good right?