Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-10-2021, 10:37 AM   #21
Mooste
The Avengers

Well of course I buy what I want.

Another thing is that I don't like the Tachikoma. Seems it can't fit a person like they could in the past?

But who knows, I can still get it if I see more and better visual material. It's a pass.... for now.
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 10:39 AM   #22
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Buy what you want but technically speaking it's the same character and there's very little difference between how they look. I think People just miss the nostalgic effect of the 2d animation.
Agree to disagree. #notmymajor
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 10:53 AM   #23
jonylin
Justice League

Quote:
Buy what you want but technically speaking it's the same character and there's very little difference between how they look. I think People just miss the nostalgic effect of the 2d animation.
Motoko looks WAY different than she did in the original SAC. She looked much older in the original series and had a much more muscular/toned physique. I'm not a fan of how they made her look like a young girl in 2045 so I'll be skipping this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooste View Post
Another thing is that I don't like the Tachikoma. Seems it can't fit a person like they could in the past?
They can still fit people in the back still but it's much more streamlined now, which makes sense since a lot of time in-universe has passed since the original show.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:02 PM   #24
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
This is a good statue but because people didn''t like the new series many will pass on it. Thats a Shame really this really is a good depiction of the character
Yeah, if they had a SAC one I'd been tempted, this is an easy pass for me. Happy for 2045 fans.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:12 PM   #25
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Thank god this went on pre-order so fast!! My most anticipated statue from the last show. This will look good on my altar of the anlme gods
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 01:55 PM   #26
TheStig88
The X-Men

Even though this my least favorite Major, it's still by far and away the best Major we've gotten on the collectibles side of things and I have no idea if there will be another this good. Ugh, what a dilemma.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 05:40 PM   #27
jonylin
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig88 View Post
Even though this my least favorite Major, it's still by far and away the best Major we've gotten on the collectibles side of things and I have no idea if there will be another this good. Ugh, what a dilemma.
I think that the best Major we're getting is the 1/4 scale of the movie version by With Fans!, even if it is quite overpriced.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 10:09 PM   #28
TheStig88
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonylin View Post
I think that the best Major we're getting is the 1/4 scale of the movie version by With Fans!, even if it is quite overpriced.
Concept sure, but I'm just not quite there on execution for that one, especially for the price. They'd have to pull off some magic between prototype and production to flip my feelings on that one.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 10:22 PM   #29
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig88 View Post
Concept sure, but I'm just not quite there on execution for that one, especially for the price. They'd have to pull off some magic between prototype and production to flip my feelings on that one.
It better look at least as good as the prototype for what they are asking...
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 02:07 AM   #30
Vendetta
The X-Men

Looks pretty good, but like others this isn’t my Major. I quite liked the OG SAC (still listen to the OP once in a while), and I’ll hold out hope that they do something from that series eventually. Would also prefer a Tachikoma-less rendition at a lower price.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote