Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-20-2016, 10:31 PM   #1531
Marvel O'Gen
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfyahui View Post
Haha....yeah like doctor strange,ant Han,hulk,black bolt... these are all 2000????
Wake up!!!!'
Can't expect all XM statues to be popular. At least XM try to make those characters what other companies has not attempt. All these bashing about the price is nonsensical to me. If I like the character, I buy. Simple as that.
Marvel O'Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:34 PM   #1532
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Did someone say Cable would surpass Mags in value? I certainly didn't. But Samurai Bats is a good example of a recent XM release that is consistently selling for double it's original sale price or more.

Do I think Cable will be selling for $4000 in the future? I doubt it. Will it come back down to 990 SGD? I doubt that, too.
I think he'll settle in where Phoenix and Wolverine did when it's all said and done...around $1000. I have no horse in this race. I'm in the minority. I really don't care for this piece and will never pick it up despite really liking the character. I have no way of knowing for sure what the aftermarket prices will settle at. I'm just following a pattern I'm beginning to see with XM statues. Time will tell if I'm right or not.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:41 PM   #1533
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I really don't care for this piece and will never pick it up despite really liking the character.
And I'm the exact opposite. I've only read a few of the comics and don't know a lot about the character, but I absolutely love everything about the statue.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:35 AM   #1534
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalz View Post
I just received mine...finally
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:37 AM   #1535
Marvel O'Gen
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman View Post
So fast lost interest....I take back my congrats to you
Marvel O'Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:44 AM   #1536
xerxes
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Exactly. Phoenix was selling for $1700 to $2000 before she shipped. Now, she's selling for a bit more than retail. I expect GR, Cable, and Venom to command healthy prices in the aftermarket and then drop considerably. It's been the pattern with every hyped up piece offered by XM so far. Let's wait and see what happens with Cable.
This ... recently went on an XM buying spree and picked up 4 of their admittedly less desirable pieces for under or at retail shipped, yes you read that right shipped - the retailer (and XM???) must have taken big hits on these as the shipping was over $200USD for each.

XM and Asian retailers are sitting on lots of stock of certain pieces, so if one looks around you'll find plenty of XM bargains to be had.

The pattern for XM releases seems to be - BIG hype on release - the XM third party sellers flood the market with huge mark-ups, folks don't bite and six months later you can pick them up at a decent price as they try to get rid of their stock.

I currently have an offer on Ghost Rider and am wondering whether to hold the line on this and see if it comes down somewhat. The hype train is at full tilt on this and while many like it I don't see them dropping $1200-$1500USD to pick it up. Interesting times, for sure.
xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:47 AM   #1537
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
This ... recently went on an XM buying spree and picked up 4 of their admittedly less desirable pieces for under or at retail shipped, yes you read that right shipped - the retailer (and XM???) must have taken big hits on these as the shipping was over $200USD for each.

XM and Asian retailers are sitting on lots of stock of certain pieces, so if one looks around you'll find plenty of XM bargains to be had.

The pattern for XM releases seems to be - BIG hype on release - the XM third party sellers flood the market with huge mark-ups, folks don't bite and six months later you can pick them up at a decent price as they try to get rid of their stock.

I currently have an offer on Ghost Rider and am wondering whether to hold the line on this and see if it comes down somewhat. The hype train is at full tilt on this and while many like it I don't see them dropping $1200-$1500USD to pick it up. Interesting times, for sure.
sadly I only interested in the previous 3 x-men statues. wolverine, jean grey and magneto.

those 3 add together at leat 7-8k Sgd ?
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:59 AM   #1538
actionjackson83
Midnighter

I haven't really seen more than 2 Ghost Riders for sale. I doubt many people bought 2 of them because he was so expensive to start, so you definitely won't see as many flippers for that piece. I'm willing to bet most of those sold to permanent owners especially here in the US.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:11 AM   #1539
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
I haven't really seen more than 2 Ghost Riders for sale. I doubt many people bought 2 of them because he was so expensive to start, so you definitely won't see as many flippers for that piece. I'm willing to bet most of those sold to permanent owners especially here in the US.
I am pretty sure it will come down in price. GR was extremely hyped up and the only direction price can go will be down.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:27 AM   #1540
actionjackson83
Midnighter

If you're expecting Anything under $1500 dream on.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote