Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #1581
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Yes you are the only one because their paints on 85% of their statues have NEVER been flat single color.

There are select few statues where there are flat colors simply due to the uniform....like Captain America (first one on the pants and top...but the boots and gloves and the white parts of the outfit had other shades to flesh it out.

Black Bolt for instance in some pics look black...but in reality there are several different dark hues (blues, blacks, etc) that make for a terrific effect.
It must be that. And the official photos on some of official pics their pieces have such dark lighting that a lot of the color detail gets lost and some of the in had pics have the opposite effects. The definitely have highlights and shades even on solid color parts. Namor costume is a good example. The shadowing and battle damage on the new Iron Man armor just has so much more depth and texture than most of surfaces I can see. and Cable has some rust in his armpit that looks natural like it should be there. Again it's just my observation from what I see on my monitor.

Edit: I forgot about pieces like Lizard, which I think has probably one of the best paints on any of their pieces, except the coat that just came out of the washer. and was thinking pieces like Namor (costume, not the octopus), Black Panther, Ghost rider (excluding the flames), captain america etc. Even Electro solid color costume has a lot of depth in the photos. Must just be lighting on the screen.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:47 PM   #1582
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
It must be that. And the official photos on some of official pics their pieces have such dark lighting that a lot of the color detail gets lost and some of the in had pics have the opposite effects. The definitely have highlights and shades even on solid color parts. Namor costume is a good example. The shadowing and battle damage on the new Iron Man armor just has so much more depth and texture than most of surfaces I can see. and Cable has some rust in his armpit that looks natural like it should be there. Again it's just my observation from what I see on my monitor.
Sorry....I deleted the yes you are comment because I didn't want to come across as lambasting you for it.

Yeah I don't think you are wrong for thinking that because the pictures are very dark and leave a lot of the texturing and detail out in the XM webpage pictures. My recommendation is check out RisingStar or Armored Berserk pics or Smooth Criminal to get a great look at the detail.

Mysterio cape for instance one would think is one shade of purple...but in reality, there are about 4 or 5 different hues going on (Magenta, Lavender, Purple, Pink, etc.) The cape is actually one of the best things about it IMO.

I hope XM invests in a high quality camera and shots for future statues up for PO. They got a coffee machine...time to upgrade the camera and videos...lol.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:50 PM   #1583
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Sorry....I deleted the yes you are comment because I didn't want to come across as lambasting you for it.

Yeah I don't think you are wrong for thinking that because the pictures are very dark and leave a lot of the texturing and detail out in the XM webpage pictures. My recommendation is check out RisingStar or Armored Berserk pics or Smooth Criminal to get a great look at the detail.

Mysterio cape for instance one would think is one shade of purple...but in reality, there are about 4 or 5 different hues going on (Magenta, Lavender, Purple, Pink, etc.) The cape is actually one of the best things about it IMO.

I hope XM invests in a high quality camera and shots for future statues up for PO. They got a coffee machine...time to upgrade the camera and videos...lol.
I think what I'm expecting to see is weathering on their pieces that makes it look like they belong in the real world. Not knocking the quality of their pieces they look amazing. They keep it simple that is easy to get perfect every time. But I think that is why the new Iron Man jumped out at me as soon as I saw the pics.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:25 PM   #1584
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

XM gotta fix that eye thing with Cable. Still no word from them about it. Its so close to being perfect. Its really that damn close
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:13 PM   #1585
Smooth Criminal
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
XM gotta fix that eye thing with Cable. Still no word from them about it. Its so close to being perfect. Its really that damn close
It's shipping next month, so I think what we see is what we get
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:15 PM   #1586
DiscoCougar

The eye was explained by Xm awhile ago. Disney mandates that none of their properties can look down the sights of a gun while it's being pointed. This is the best Xm can be allowed to do =/
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:58 PM   #1587
Cali604
Adamantium Plus Member

I do believe they said they would line up both eyes tho. So it will be addressed.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:52 AM   #1588
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
The eye was explained by Xm awhile ago. Disney mandates that none of their properties can look down the sights of a gun while it's being pointed. This is the best Xm can be allowed to do =/
That's very interesting to hear, but rules are rules I suppose .
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:03 AM   #1589
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Yeh thats right i remember that. Well they have to revise the head sculpt so the cyber eye is tweeked to be more forward. You cant just paint a wonky eye on.
Theres had been plenty of time to fix this and they just went with the flow and painted a wonky eye just because you can get away with it with some collectors not minding.

What happened to the 'back to the drawing board' ways? Its such a small tweek too that changes so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
I do believe they said they would line up both eyes tho. So it will be addressed.
Hope youre right man.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #1590
bonebreak2000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I really want to pick one of these up. I havent seen them for sale anywhere. I saw a couple pre orders on Ebay in January. Im shocked I havent seen any in BST on forums or on Ebay with him being so close to shipping now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post

So eyes without pupils are an exception? Deadpool is clearly looking at what he is shooting at in the new SS piece. Hes not even just aiming a gun he's firing it.
bonebreak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote