Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-08-2017, 05:05 PM   #2061
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Anybdy have statues similar to the outstretched gun hand and whether it can withstand the test of time? It is pretty heavy.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:06 PM   #2062
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Just got this guy in and he's plagued with damage and sloppy paint. This is my first and most likely (depending on how XM helps me with the situation) my last time dealing with this company. I did an unboxing video that I'm downloading to YouTube right now. It's not the best quality, but it will have to do.
dreamactius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #2063
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
Anybdy have statues similar to the outstretched gun hand and whether it can withstand the test of time? It is pretty heavy.
The steal peg is very long and the block from the arm huge. I have no fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamactius View Post
Just got this guy in and he's plagued with damage and sloppy paint. This is my first and most likely (depending on how XM helps me with the situation) my last time dealing with this company. I did an unboxing video that I'm downloading to YouTube right now. It's not the best quality, but it will have to do.
CanĀ“t wait to see the video.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:20 PM   #2064
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Hey AB, so I took a pic of my hand and it doesn't look as weathered as yours, but quite honestly, yours looks within reason with what you would get from a hand painted mass produced statue. There is always going to be differences between painted pieces in a line. As long as there are no chips, breaks, drastically different paint ups, etc. I feel yours falls in the acceptable range for a company. You may feel differently though and that is your right. And you are not wrong for feeling the way you do. It could be better matched with rest of the arm for sure.

But if you read my review...one of the things i pointed out that reduced the paint app to a 9 / 10 instead of 10 / 10 is the brushed metal paint app on the arms. IMO...they could have been painted in such a way that they had a nice bright gloss applied to the top of it to give it a more metal like appearance.

My hope going forward is that once XM does Colossus and anyone else going forward that has metal like appendages or guns (Winter Soldier for example), they strongly consider making them more shiny or metallic looking.

Thanks for the pics...yours looks excellent!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:21 PM   #2065
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
What's the damage and sloppy paint on yours?
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #2066
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
What's the damage and sloppy paint on yours?
Some paint chips on the base, damaged art box and print. Sloppy paint on the left arm holding the gun: there's a black spot on the bicep that sticks out pretty bad. I did an unboxing (sorry about the poor quality if you watch it) but split it into two videos so I could upload it easier. Part 1 is finished uploading now I'm waiting on part 2. I don't want want to leave people hanging with just the first half, so I think I'll wait for the second one to finish before posting them. A couple things that I thought were chips ended up being small paint blemishes, so I'm happy about that, but the base definitely has some chips on it.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:08 PM   #2067
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Some paint chips on the base, damaged art box and print. Sloppy paint on the left arm holding the gun: there's a black spot on the bicep that sticks out pretty bad. I did an unboxing (sorry about the poor quality if you watch it) but split it into two videos so I could upload it easier. Part 1 is finished uploading now I'm waiting on part 2. I don't want want to leave people hanging with just the first half, so I think I'll wait for the second one to finish before posting them. A couple things that I thought were chips ended up being small paint blemishes, so I'm happy about that, but the base definitely has some chips on it.
Sounds like someone opened it up and placed some things haphazardly in the box before you got it. Sounds like crappy customs handling.

You can erase black mark off bicep with a simple number 2 eraser. I can honestly say I have never received a damaged print or booklet to this day. And I had a Captain America box that looked like it got dropped in the ocean and slammed against the side of a tanker...still no damage.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:27 PM   #2068
dreamactius
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Sounds like someone opened it up and placed some things haphazardly in the box before you got it. Sounds like crappy customs handling.

You can erase black mark off bicep with a simple number 2 eraser. I can honestly say I have never received a damaged print or booklet to this day. And I had a Captain America box that looked like it got dropped in the ocean and slammed against the side of a tanker...still no damage.
You think it's funny that my statue is damaged. Well that's really nice of you. The base didn't look like it was removed at all and that is what has the most damage. Looks like poor QC to me.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:47 PM   #2069
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
The steal peg is very long and the block from the arm huge. I have no fear.
Co-signed! Unlike other companies in this hobby who are so quick to blame customers for their poorly constructed statues, XM is proactive and transparent in regards to structural design. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:55 PM   #2070
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
You think it's funny that my statue is damaged. Well that's really nice of you. The base didn't look like it was removed at all and that is what has the most damage. Looks like poor QC to me.
Relax dream...I wasn't laughing at you...I don't even know how you gathered that I was laughing at you?

You failed to read the part where I said it SOUNDS LIKE CRAPPY CUSTOMS HANDLING.....CUSTOMS does stuff like that all the time.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote