Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Andy Bergholtz

Old 06-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
Andy Bergholtz
Sculptor
Sculptor

1/4 scale ARAGORN (Sideshow PF)

Hey y'all,

These are some early photos of the PF Aragorn I sculpted for Sideshow way back when. These are unfinished progress images (the hair is particularly rough), unfortunately I don't have any images of my 'final' sculpt to show. I also sculpted some pretty cool hands and boots for the figure but I failed to photograph those as well.

The Viggo portrait was actually revised by another sculptor by the name of Tim Miller before the final statue was approved and advertised, I think his changes to the sculpt were significant in some areas and certainly made an improvement to the overall likeness. These are the only photos of my original portrait that I know of, so I thought I'd give ya a peek.

Andy Bergholtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
thx217
Ultimates

Another awesome work Andy.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
AsOneDead
You got red on you

You really nailed this one and it's a tough one, keep up the good work!
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

wow this is a must buy!!!!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #5
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Now that is what Aragorn should look like! Awesome, just awesome. Don't really have the room for the LOTR PFs, but may circle around one day and pick them up.

Reread the original post. This wasn't the one that was final? WTF!?! Looks close to perfect to me. You need to start your own company.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:03 PM   #6
Kirk Durfey
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Wow! Its hard to believe that this could be improved upon! I'll have to check out the final piece for sure.

Too bad you didn't take pics of the hands, I would've loved to see them - I think that you sculpt some of the most expressive hands out there
Kirk Durfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:39 AM   #7
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Best likeness on Aragorn to date Andy. Looking forward to displaying this in the collection.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:52 AM   #8
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Dear Andy!

As you already might be aware of it, the new photos of Aragorn PF just killed the original sculpt you did for Sideshow, in my opnion.

I don't know what happened but I was so pleased with what you did and when I saw this, my heart just sank..... Here it is....

I'm not sure this can be fixed but I guess I'm asking for any help we can get. This was one of the most wanted Premium Formats ever and the fact that they changed so much and did even notify us is a real shame, considering we spend so much money on their products.

I know that you might have no power over this and please don't get me wrong, I love Sideshow, but this seems so unfair that I had to contact everybody I know involved in this project and let them know that many us collecotrs are extremely disappointed with Sideshow.

Thank you for let me vent a little and I hope this can be resolved soon.
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #9
Andy Bergholtz
Sculptor
Sculptor

Bearmdel, sorry man... I understand your frustration but you're barkin' up the wrong tree. Not only is the Aragorn technically not 'my' sculpt (even in it's prototype stage, as I mentioned in my post above), but I have no connection or influence with Sideshow's production line.

Even if I did, there's nothing that could be done to fix it. The statue is a few days away from shipping, they are finished producing them and no changes can be made.

Personally, while I agree it differs quite a bit from the prototype, I still think it looks great. That's just my opinion though.
Andy Bergholtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #10
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

What changes to the face have been made Andy?

The skin colour is certainly darker than the prototype
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote