Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-12-2005, 02:49 AM   #1
grendelscott
The Damned Mod
Adamantium Member

Grendelscott's DVD Corner: 09/11/05

Welcome back! Just to recap for any new members, each week I will post what is due out that week (or at least most of the main stream releases, as anywhere from 100-300 DVDs are released each week). I'll then spotlight a DVD with a review or news about a new one coming out. Finally, I'll post a DVD easter egg or two each week. Many of you might already know of them, but they are fun things to find "hidden" on your DVDs.

I'm finally back. I know there's only a handful of people that read this, but thanks for your patience while I was going through my move. The move itself is done (about 2 1/2 weeks ago), and I just now unpacked my PC and set it up today. Moving sucks. Period. Anyway, on with the show...

DVD releases due out Tuesday, September 13th:

Movies:
TV Seasons/Box Sets:
  • The Brady Bunch - The Complete Third Season (Box Cover)
  • Cheers - The Complete Sixth Season (Box Cover)
  • Empire Falls (Box Cover)
  • Everybody Loves Raymond - The Complete Fourth Season (Box Cover)
  • Frasier - The Complete Sixth Season (Box Cover)
  • Las Vegas - Season Two (Box Cover)
  • One Tree Hill - The Complete Second Season (Box Cover)
  • Smallville - The Complete Fourth Season (Box Cover)
  • Taxi - The Complete Third Season (Box Cover)

DVD INFO

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
From DVD Empire

Don't Panic

Here's the absolutely hysterical, wonderfully wild, cosmic adventure comedy The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. Based on Douglas Adams' worldwide best-selling novel, and starring an outrageous intergalactic cast, this is one ride you don't want to miss. Seconds before Earth is destroyed to make way for a new hyperspace express route, mild-mannered Arthur Dent is whisked into space by his best friend (an alien posing as an out-of-work actor). And so the misadventures begin as he and fellow travelers, including the cool but dim-witted President of the Galaxy, the Earth girl Trillian, and Marvin the paranoid android, search for answers to the mystery of Life, the Universe and Everything.

Features:
  • Deleted Scenes - Bulldozed right out of the movie
  • Fake Deleted Scenes - Way, way too-far-out outtakes
  • Additional Guide Entry - What the Guide has to say about quite possibly the oddest thing in the universe
  • Sing Along "So Long & Thank For All The Fish" - Performed by the second most intelligent creatures on Earth
  • "The Making of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy"
  • 2 Wholly Remarkable Audio Commentaries - Executive Producer and Douglas Adams' Colleague Sean Salle; Producer & Actors
  • Set-Top Game: Marvin's Hangman - A simple word game with detachable results using Marvin the paranoid android
Video:
  • Widescreen 2.35:1 Color (Anamorphic)
Audio:
  • ENGLISH: Dolby Digital 5.1 [CC]
  • ENGLISH: DTS 5.1 [CC]
  • SPANISH: Dolby Digital Stereo
  • FRENCH: Dolby Digital Stereo
Subtitles:
  • Spanish
  • French

This Week's DVD Easter Egg(s)

Lost: Season One
Source: Eye Crave DVD

On the second disc you can hear the full transmission of Rousseau's distress signal. To do so head into 'Episodes' and select main menu. Press RIGHT or LEFT until a dot appears in the leaves. Press ENTER and you'll hear her message.

On Disc 7 is where the bulk have been found thus far.

An alternate title sequence can be found by selecting 'Tales for the Island' and pressing LEFT twice. The dot will now appear beside 'Disc 7'. Press ENTER to see the one you'll be glad didn't make the cut.

Now, head into 'Lost Revealed' and choose 'Deleted Scenes.' From there choose "The Climb". I suggest you watch it before you get to the actual egg. Now, when it's done press LEFT 3 times and the dot will appear somewhere else on the screen. Press ENTER for a Lord of the Rings version of the same scene.

Head back to the main menu and choose 'Tales from the Island.' From here highlight 'Main Menu' and press RIGHT. Press ENTER for a scenes with John Locke.

That's all folks! Thanks for reading, and see you (possibly) next week.
grendelscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 04:12 AM   #2
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hey GS, good to have you back, glad you finally settled in. I for one do look forward to your section here. Besides always heading over to Amazon to see what else comes out, good to have a spot here at the forum where most of us spend our time.

Can't wait to get the Hitchhiker's Guide Tuesday.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 04:41 AM   #3
Mini-Rock
Kindly Asked To Leave

Finally had time on Saturday to watch the Hitchhiker's Guide DVD. Absolutely stunning DTS track in this one.
Mini-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:17 PM   #4
grendelscott
The Damned Mod
Adamantium Member

That's quite the impressive Star Wars collection there, Mini. You should post some of those pics in our collection photos thread if you haven't done so already.
grendelscott is offline   Reply With Quote