Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-07-2016, 09:58 PM   #321
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rome_325 View Post
So in summary....

The movie EX comes with two portraits, 2 right arms w/ Lawgiver and roof top base

The Comic EX comes with one portrait (comic head), 2 right arms w/ Lawgiver and rocky/stone base..

Man, I really dig the roof top base but I like the blue colors on the comic EX. I don't know which to PO if I even do PO... lol!
Yeah. This is probably the toughest choice between two versions I've had to deal with in a long time.

Regular gets an extra head and has the large rooftop base while the comic version has the cool colors and the novelty of being what it is.

Part of me really wants the comic version, but I feel like the regular EX just has more going for it.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:32 PM   #322
Spyderz
Frackin!

would go for the comic ex
i like the contrast in colours plus the rooftop base and the comic ex base is just meh...doesnt make a difference to me.
Spyderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:40 AM   #323
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I too immediately noticed the holster.
Ahh good, not just me then. I'm not sure if it could be tweaked at this point, but it is worth consideration as it stands out to me. I know people brought up the short helmet (or low neck armor maybe) before, but that does also. Just watching the blu ray menu over and over after the full movie with various scenes in quick succession, there isn't a single shot of Dredd showing his helmet sitting so high even if there were several different versions of it produced for the movie. In fact it almost seems to tuck into the neck shroud mostly. Again, I love it over all and am buying it, both versions if I can, but I think these points are worth noting and attention if it is possible at this stage.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:36 PM   #324
Dark-Flux
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
LMAO someone messaged me to go look at the 'other' forum, which I intentionally stay away from as its filled with ignorance and pettiness.

But I did and the first comment I see is of course...ignorant.

"That Comic Version isn't even a real Comic Version. It's just the Movie Version painted in Comic Book Colors. How about adding the parts of the Comic Version like the Big Shoulder Eagle and so on. Just lazy. "

A real Dredd fan knows that he now wears the movie costume in several storylines and it doesnt have the big eagle or any of the traditional elements. It is the movie costume.

So as is usual, the monkey house over there talks out their buttholes !

Anyway, thats why i dont go there and I have no idea why I did today.
Err, not exactly true.
They use the movie costume in the comics that act as sequels/prequels to the movie - Underbelly and the like. But none of those are the same continuity as the regular ongoing Dredd strips in 2000AD, in which he still wears the traditional uniform.
Dark-Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:37 PM   #325
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
Err, not exactly true.
They use the movie costume in the comics that act as sequels/prequels to the movie - Underbelly and the like. But none of those are the same continuity as the regular ongoing Dredd strips in 2000AD, in which he still wears the traditional uniform.
They aren't claiming to be selling that version of him however. I quite like the comic colour variant, it's just a bit of fun for those who like it I guess.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:49 PM   #326
Dark-Flux

Oh yeah, i know.
Its just Jerry seemed to take issue with some guys claim that "its just the movie version painted in comic book colors" - which is exactly right.
Nothing wrong with that. But a spade is a spade.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:12 PM   #327
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

The way he posts does make it sound like Dredd in the mainline canon has now started wearing a costume akin to the movie one. That was my understanding of his comments.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:26 PM   #328
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
Err, not exactly true.
I said 'several storylines' not the main comic, so Im 100% right.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:36 PM   #329
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I love the fact that no one was even expecting the comic version, it was never mentioned there was no expectations, a nice alternative/extra for the hardcore Dredd fans and they still complain lol.

These are the same sort of guys who moan about a statue for months on end, then see a low ES buy it and sell it on lol.

I think the movie one looks great and the comic version is a great alt.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:30 AM   #330
Dark-Flux

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
I said 'several storylines' not the main comic, so Im 100% right.
Okay, but then why refer to somebody who points out that its the movie costume in comic colors as ignorant when they too are 100% right?

Your Facebook guys seem to be under the same impression:

A movie version with comic book colouring. Ok. - exactly what is is

Pop Culture Shock Collectibles, Inc: You must not read the current comic...

The current comic in which Dredd wears neither the movie costume nor a recolored version of?

As said, the concept of a movie costume with comic style colouring is fine. Cool even.
But to act like anybody who states flat out that thats exactly what it is is ignorant or imply that they arnt a "real dredd fan", "talking out their butthole" seems a bit hostile.