Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-29-2018, 01:04 AM   #171
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Small ES and great quality and pose. The Dio is a keeper and going from past dioramas made by SS they get expensive as they get older.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:26 AM   #172
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Thank you all for the advice. Your thoughts have been echoing mine. I love Dios so this ones tough. With all the pieces coming out I having to now pick and choose. Got one more day and I will make the call. And Bernie no need to apologize. I asked for your thoughts on this. One of the great things about this forum is hearing what others have to say when they own the piece. It helps other collectors work through their thoughts.
What I keep coming back to is given how major Bane is there is so little of him out there in the realm of statue collecting and to have a piece with Bane and Bats going at it is pretty awesome. I'm leaning towards yes on this one!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:09 PM   #173
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
So...unexpectly mine is about to convert? Thoughts about this conversion. I love it but I just got the 1/4 scale Bane so I'm a little back and forth. I do love vs pieces and have a bunch of them including Batman vs Killer Croc. Thought they would look good together.
Anyways I would like opinions. Is this a keeper?
I have Batman vs Killer croc as well and I can tell you that these statues don’t go well together not because they both aren’t awesome, it’s just because of the scale. Batman vs Bane looks massive next to it.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 11:59 AM   #174
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I have Batman vs Killer croc as well and I can tell you that these statues don’t go well together not because they both aren’t awesome, it’s just because of the scale. Batman vs Bane looks massive next to it.
Thanks for the heads up. My DC Collection is all over the place in scale so it probably won't be too big a deal for me. I'm just more concerned it has no paint or damage issues.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #175
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

I saw this in person over the weekend and it's fantastic.

It seems this piece really flew under the radar. It's 1/6 scale but it appears to be larger than 1/6, it's a big piece. I love Batman's colors and Bane looks like a monster. It's like the Batman vs Killer Croc diorama only add 6-7 years of statue evolution. It's a remarkable piece. I wish I picked it up.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #176
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s what a true 1/6 scale is not Bowen 1/6 which is actually smaller. Fantastic statue in Batman’s 80s blue suit and classic Bane. It’s aqesome I love mine
Old 08-20-2018, 08:20 PM   #177
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
It’s what a true 1/6 scale is not Bowen 1/6 which is actually smaller. Fantastic statue in Batman’s 80s blue suit and classic Bane. It’s aqesome I love mine
Anyone that knows statues knows Bowen ain't 1/6 scale.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:42 AM   #178
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah but years it was called 1/6 . What is true 1/6 is more like 1/5. This Batman dio is same size as Wolverine vs hulk dio from sideshow. That’s big. I’ll always call Bowen’s 1/6 because they pumped out largest and best catalogue of comic accurate statues in history and deserve the title 1/6!
Old 08-29-2018, 11:04 PM   #179
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I saw this in person over the weekend and it's fantastic.

It seems this piece really flew under the radar. It's 1/6 scale but it appears to be larger than 1/6, it's a big piece. I love Batman's colors and Bane looks like a monster. It's like the Batman vs Killer Croc diorama only add 6-7 years of statue evolution. It's a remarkable piece. I wish I picked it up.
It's a beautiful piece, Im glad I got it. It seems it's one of those that is difficult to fish later, it's almost double on the secondary market, which I can relate how painful that is as I hunt down other pieces like the Magneto v Sentinel. $$$$$
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:18 PM   #180
SuperJ300
Zot

Anyone know if there will be a Black and grey Batman variant out soon???
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote