Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 02-17-2018, 12:17 PM   #151
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

I requested for it, so I'm hopeful. I was very happy w it overall. It looks great and it's going to be a true show piece. Just need to get this finalized.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:33 PM   #152
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Ok guys I found store in Toronto , Ontario , Canada that had two of these brand new still sealed in og shipper. It's $ 999.00 Canadian or $ 796.00 US. I bought one this piece is ridiculous , so good. Shop info :

Anime Xtreme
www.animextreme.ca
416-979-0399

These guys ship international so go to their page one left!!!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:15 PM   #153
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie21 View Post
I requested for it, so I'm hopeful. I was very happy w it overall. It looks great and it's going to be a true show piece. Just need to get this finalized.
That's great to hear! Your new one should no doubt be better. Keep us updated on how it goes.

I got mine set up with the Sideshow Batman v Bane art print. Looks badass.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:06 PM   #154
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
That's great to hear! Your new one should no doubt be better. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Nice setup. The print does look really good behind it. I don’t collect prints but that is one I’ve always liked
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:38 PM   #155
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

What is circle thingy under the statue and where do I get one?
Old 02-18-2018, 09:45 AM   #156
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
It’s on amazon. This should be the exact one you are looking for
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DBC91CFF-E1A6-4570-9275-06034DABBF42.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	111708  
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:00 AM   #157
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Awesome thanks
Old 02-18-2018, 01:21 PM   #158
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
If they found one, I would take it. I doubt the other one will have issues. I haven’t heard many issues with this piece. I just think you had bad luck
I'm getting the one they found. I'm verbally happy it. I think it's my second favorite piece so far, but I'm missing a few that might trump it when they're in hand.

Quote:
Ok guys I found store in Toronto , Ontario , Canada that had two of these brand new still sealed in og shipper. It's $ 999.00 Canadian or $ 796.00 US. I bought one this piece is ridiculous , so good. Shop info :

Anime Xtreme
www.animextreme.ca
416-979-0399

These guys ship international so go to their page one left!!!
Glad you were able to find it at a good price. It's a must have for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post

I'll definitely keep you posted. I don't mind the wait to get it resolved as I've seen it in hand and in person now and I'm happy w it. After that, back in the box till I can properly display it in the next house.

I'm generally not a fan of those art prints because they resemble the statue too much. But that one is good and compliments your statue fantastically. I will prob add some kind of art behind it or comic or scene behind it, who knows. Clean set up you have there. I like it, I may borrow some style from you. Great way to enjoy them.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:39 PM   #159
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Its a turntable. Lets you spin the statue 360 degrees. You should definitely get one. The one WolverineFan provided is the exact same one.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #160
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Ok folks I just did my unboxing of this diorama and..................
Holy S--T! It's fantastic . I'll start with packaging very similar to SS nothing crazy fancy two tier styrofoam to seperate large pieces. Did have some corner wear on inner colour box but I don't care really as long as statue is perfect and it was. Flawless. Came with art print and easy to follow instructions so A+ to IS to stepping up their game.

I know all over the place these are being advertised as 1/6 but this dio is huge! It's 1/5 imo I'm use to Bowen pieces being 1/6. To put in perspective I also own Magneto Vs Sentinel dio and he fits in perfect with Bowens this Bat/Bane piece is way bigger. They are on par with Hulk vs Wolverine from SS. Overall I have to say it's one incredible looking statue. Detail after detail , great paint apps, all the fits are dead on, it's crazy good. The bats are very fragile but once on you won't play with them. There is little PVC I can live with that because cape is plastic but painted so well it's function to cut weight in bad places. The glove fins and batarang are pvc that's my only complaint , again very fragile places especially wrapping the rope around Bane you need to take extra care there. I'm worried I'd snap the batarang . They should have made that metal. Other areas where pvc looks incredible is Banes tubing . Perfection! The classic look of the characters sold me but getting it in hand was way diff from what I saw in pictures. In hand is 1000 times better. Batman is much darker grey than photos showed and Bane is an absolute monster he makes this statue.

One notable that I've never seen before or at least I haven't owned is the use of dead space. Most statues have big solid boring bases. Diorama scenes are no exception but this scene creates a piece of the Bat cave and you can see under it. Really cool seeing hanging rock formations and bats flying from under it. Really changes the look of this piece and gives owners somewhere to add a cool light feature to create shadows. It's just awesome . Here some pics I took :