Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #1
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

The Predator - (New Sequel)

Fox Rebooting 'Predator' With Shane Black - Hollywood Reporter
I like Shane Black and even enjoyed Iron Man 3, but I am baffled by his choice of opting to direct a reboot film.

Excerpt from the article:

"Black actually appeared in a minor role in the original movie and how be became involved is part of Hollywood lore.

When Predator was being made in 1986, Black was already a screenwriting prodigy for his Lethal Weapon and Monster Squad scripts. The studio and producers wanted him to polish the script for Predator, which was then in pre-production. Black turned it down. A few weeks later, they approached him again. Once more, Black said no. Another few weeks went by, and then the studio called again. This time, however, he was told there was a small role in the movie and whether he would like to have it. Black said yes.

When he arrived to the South American set, the studio execs and producers greeted him and said, "By the way, would you mind taking a look at the script?" Black replied, "I’m still not rewriting it."

Last edited by Spideristic; 06-25-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Did this really need a reboot?
Old 06-24-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Did this really need a reboot?
Reboot, is much preferable to remake. If it brings some cool new Predator designs to the table in a decent film then It could be interesting.

That said.... wasn't "Predators" a reboot of sorts? I was hoping for the sequel to that also.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Reboot, is much preferable to remake. If it brings some cool new Predator designs to the table in a decent film then It could be interesting.

That said.... wasn't "Predators" a reboot of sorts? I was hoping for the sequel to that also.
I guess but the first one was the only decent one anyways.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:15 PM   #5
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
I mostly agree, but I surprisingly found Predators to be enjoyable enough. as much as I usually hate the reboot/remake mentality that has unfortunately infected our movies these days I've always thought Predator as a series could handle it far more then the others since it's a fairly self contained encounter in the middle of nowhere between a hunter and his prey. we know there is an entire race of Predators out there so it's not like Jason or Freddy traveling the globe, and we know they've been at this sort of thing for a long time so there are countless stories to tell
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:19 PM   #6
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I think the first one was great rather than decent.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:20 PM   #7
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

its inevitable guys. reboots remakes. its what hollyowood does. and 50 years from now they will do it all over again.

im cool with it. but i agree with N. the first one was killah.
but i also did like Predators. mainly for the different types of Preds they had. especially the berserker Pred. thats my fav. the biggest baddest pred of them all.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #8
Python
Omega Red

Clearly the first was by far the best. Although I also enjoyed Predators. I even like P2 against the grain. But even the Not so great films have been responsible for some great creature design work. Whether this is a hit or not (and fingers crossed it is) It will only be a few years until we're in the SS section talking about new Predator props and statues... I'm happy at this announcement for that reason alone. And hopefully we will get a good movie out of it all also.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:26 PM   #9
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

I wonder if they will reboot or make a sequel of the Alien series.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #10
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

H'wood is going reboot crazy these days. Terminator, Godzilla, Highlander, The Mummy, Blade Runner, RoboCop, Starship Troopers, Van Helsing, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. If it wasn't for Prometheus, I'm sure Alien would be in that mix. I thought Predators was pretty good, but it may have painted itself into a corner sequel-wise. I guess they could have had a bunch of diverse aliens being dropped in and Royce and Isabelle could have formed an uneasy alliance with them to get off the hunting ground planet. Plus they could have introduced more predator types, including at least one female as well as weapons. That could have been kind of cool. Could have also had one or more preds follow them back to earth setting up another sequel. Instead it's now back to the beginning for a retread.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote