Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-20-2022, 12:48 PM   #1
Python
Omega Red

Prime 1 Celtic/Scar Predator

Prime 1 dropped a little tease for this, but it's a little confusing atm. That is clearly scars bio etc, however some shots look more like Celtic. So either we're getting both, or Prime 1 are giving is a more modular statue possibly with options to get the basic look of both characters on the same statue. The latter would make some sense financially but obviously has drawbacks. I'll update the thread once we know more...

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 03:52 PM   #2
azurepred
Zot

It's been so long since I've seen that movie. Obviously, the armor is the same, but wasn't Celtic the bulkier of the 3? I remember when the Pred license was officially shown, I believe they teased AVP Preds before anything. That was a long time ago.
azurepred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 05:17 PM   #3
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I love the face hugger on the pillar. Best of both worlds on one statue. Put a full blown Xeno head on the base I'll pay the $5,000
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 02:22 PM   #4
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
It's been so long since I've seen that movie. Obviously, the armor is the same, but wasn't Celtic the bulkier of the 3? I remember when the Pred license was officially shown, I believe they teased AVP Preds before anything. That was a long time ago.

They were all pretty similar, they look quite silly when you think about it. I think this is one occasion where I actually wouldn't complain about a little artistic license in making them slightly more slender (Just a little so as not to entirely alter the look) I wouldn't want them all, but I do like Celtic regardless.

One thing I would like however if they make a Celtic is a proper looking Predator unmasked head. They could go wild and make one up however they wish as we never saw him unmasked. They could give him a super aggressive look, a million miles away from those hideous humanised faces from the movie.

Old 11-22-2022, 11:25 PM   #5
pau123
Sailor Moon

JH is already thick. If P1 decide to make this one even beefier, I don't know if that is a good thing or no
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:11 AM   #6
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
JH is already thick. If P1 decide to make this one even beefier, I don't know if that is a good thing or no
As long as P1 keep them screen accurate, that's all that matters.......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 06:11 AM   #7
ozboy
Birdman

These Preds are all terrible in design. Clueless ADI pandering to
Anderson who is a total hack
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 09:07 AM   #8
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
As long as P1 keep them screen accurate, that's all that matters.......
This
Xenoburger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:43 PM   #9
Hutch0o
Birdman

For me wolf is a must when he is eventually shown. However it's between berserker and this AVP piece of which i'll order. I won't get both but I will get the better piece.

So far Berserker is hard to beat for me as I love everything about it apart from the bio mask which needs work. For me to choose the AVP 1/3 it will need to have the option to make the one statue Scar and Celtic based on switch outs and a jaw dropping temple base with dead alien/aliens etc.

If they blow my mind with the AVP and fix the berserker bio i'll probably have to choose based on price. If price is the same i'll flip a coin.
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:22 PM   #10
Python
Omega Red

I'll likely only get one also, and I definitely prefer Beserker as a design over any of the bulky AVP stuff. A nice snowy base could be great though.