Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-25-2022, 06:28 AM   #171
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I waited 3 years for Queens Wonder Woman bust, and I’d do it all again, she’s amazing.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:15 PM   #172
StefanCo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by romakrelian View Post
Not to get too dark, but I seriously wonder just how many people have died without ever seeing their preorder. I mean, I'm willing to bet it happens more often than people realize. In the time people spend waiting for these pieces, a life can change drastically.
Or have other priorities to spend money on (losing a job, illness, increasing life costs...) then a $4000 piece of silicone.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 03:37 PM   #173
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Not to get too dark, but I seriously wonder just how many people have died without ever seeing their preorder. I mean, I'm willing to bet it happens more often than people realize. In the time people spend waiting for these pieces, a life can change drastically.
Not for this piece but at times I have thought about this as well. What if I passed and my wife has to deal with my 8 preorders (and also selling/getting rid of my collection)? I am guessing it would be a pain for her. Sounds like a good discussion topic.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 09:12 AM   #174
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
same been wondering that as well.
In a second your whole life can change, driving on the highway and you get hit with a brick....then what.
I have an insane bluray and vinyl collection, my family don't know what to do with them...lol imagine them selling it during a yard sale ...my god I paid 350 bucks for some of the box sets they might end up selling it for 25.

Luckily my cousin has gained an interest in my hobbies so he has some understanding of the worth.

This topic should be a thread of its own, I wonder what people knows someone (in the collectible world) who passed away and what the heck the family did with all his stuff
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 11:27 AM   #175
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

In the end - it's just "stuff" - our interests sugar coat the highway from cradle to grave. Worrying about what will happen to inanimate objects after we leave this life is like worrying about a grain of dust on the dark side of the moon - pointless.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 03:16 AM   #176
romakrelian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
In the end - it's just "stuff" - our interests sugar coat the highway from cradle to grave. Worrying about what will happen to inanimate objects after we leave this life is like worrying about a grain of dust on the dark side of the moon - pointless.
Cool. Cancel your preorders.
romakrelian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 04:11 AM   #177
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
same been wondering that as well.
In a second your whole life can change, driving on the highway and you get hit with a brick....then what.
I have an insane bluray and vinyl collection, my family don't know what to do with them...lol imagine them selling it during a yard sale ...my god I paid 350 bucks for some of the box sets they might end up selling it for 25.

Luckily my cousin has gained an interest in my hobbies so he has some understanding of the worth.

This topic should be a thread of its own, I wonder what people knows someone (in the collectible world) who passed away and what the heck the family did with all his stuff
If your family end up selling a box set worth 350 for 25 after you die, who really cares? I know you won't as you'll be dead. I think your family would be more concerned that you're not around any more, objects are all things that can be replaced and are ultimately worthless. All i care about leaving behind is no debt and that my partner has the mortgage paid off if anything happens to me. She can do what she wants with my toys when I'm not here
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 09:14 AM   #178
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
If your family end up selling a box set worth 350 for 25 after you die, who really cares? I know you won't as you'll be dead. I think your family would be more concerned that you're not around any more, objects are all things that can be replaced and are ultimately worthless. All i care about leaving behind is no debt and that my partner has the mortgage paid off if anything happens to me. She can do what she wants with my toys when I'm not here
Give her my number then!
She can give them to me
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 10:16 AM   #179
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
Give her my number then!
She can give them to me
I'll write you into my will lol
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 06:36 PM   #180
HarleyQuinnDude
Doh!

I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure where to ask this question, but I pre-ordered this statue from SpecFictionShop with a $600 down payment. Does anyone have an estimate on how much the total will be? I'm curious because I have a feeling shipping might be over $200.
HarleyQuinnDude is offline   Reply With Quote