Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-22-2022, 09:15 AM   #1211
Artie Lange
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Quarantine is doing yet another DD on a horse. I assume 1/6 scale
1/4 would be better, both for them and for collectors.
Artie Lange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 10:38 AM   #1212
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie Lange View Post
1/4 would be better, both for them and for collectors.
We already got a 1/4 scale of DD on steed from ARH, and sculpted from same sculptor Ehren Bienhart.👍🏾
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 11:08 AM   #1213
Artie Lange
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
We already got a 1/4 scale of DD on steed from ARH, and sculpted from same sculptor Ehren Bienhart.����
The ARH is the reason for another 1/4 scale, that was a limited edition of 300 which sold out immediately. Demand is so high that they can easily sell for twice the original price now, and ARH is dead.

Also, Quarantine's scanning process will make it more accurate than ARH, and following Frazetta's sketches means it will be more in line with his vision.

Old 11-22-2022, 05:13 PM   #1214
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

The ARH didn?t sell out. Immediately or otherwise. None of their Frazetta?s sold out. I think there were only 130 or 180 of the DD produced. My ARH Barbarian is #55 of only 80. I can?t easily see the bottom of my ARH DD but I?m almost positive the edition size is 130 or 180
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 06:46 PM   #1215
Artie Lange
Frackin!

Quote:
The ARH didn?t sell out. Immediately or otherwise.
The issue is the DD1 which not only did exactly that, but you can't even find any units for sale now under $3000 USD. I'll wait if you want to try though.
Old 11-22-2022, 07:15 PM   #1216
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
The issue is the DD1 which not only did exactly that, but you can't even find any units for sale now under $3000 USD. I'll wait if you want to try though.
Sorry dude but you are wrong. Yes they go for $3000 now because there aren?t any. But there were only 190 of these produced. (I was wrong on the total but I have since checked). I actually know Arahom and spoke to him on the phone when he was going through this. Of his Frazetta?s the DD1 sold the best but did not sell out. He tried to renegotiate his licensing agreement with Jr but was unable to do so. Not only was his license limited by production numbers but also by time so he had no choice but to produce basically his sales numbers and release them all at the same time. I?m as big a Frazetta guy as there is and I couldn?t afford them all at once so had to pass on Huntress and DD3.

I guess if you want to say he sold out immediately the 190 he produced that’s sort of true but that was basically how many preorders he had prior to production and he couldn’t sell all 300 and with the licensing crunch couldn’t produce and sell over time. The point is sales were really slow. I hope the new one does good but I don’t know if it will.
Old 11-22-2022, 07:27 PM   #1217
Artie Lange
Frackin!

Quote:
they go for $3000 now because there arent any.
Correct, because they sold out, and demand is so high that they tripled in value on the re-sale market. If you can't see this is literal proof there is very strong demand for a 1/4 scale DD1, I'm not sure what to tell you but it really isn't that complicated.
Old 11-22-2022, 10:02 PM   #1218
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Correct, because they sold out, and demand is so high that they tripled in value on the re-sale market. If you can't see this is literal proof there is very strong demand for a 1/4 scale DD1, I'm not sure what to tell you but it really isn't that complicated.
I will try one more time. I just messaged the sculptor Ehren Bienert to confirm I was correct and he said he didn?t remember the exact numbers but yes they had to cut back the edition size and they weren?t able to sell the expected 300. What happened was ARH tried for a long time to presell the 300. I think it was for almost a year and couldn?t do it. So with his license about to expire he was forced to produce the smaller number. Now it is 10 years later so it is true they are rare to be seen at all and if one does come up there are say 5 guys who want one really bad and have deep pockets and bid on it very high. I didn?t check but I bet there are also those with that kind of asking price that don?t even get bidders. But now let?s say Quarantine goes with 1/4 scale and asks for $1k. They won?t sell 300 of them either.
Old 11-23-2022, 03:01 AM   #1219
Artie Lange
Frackin!

Quote:
let?s say Quarantine goes with 1/4 scale and asks for $1k. They won?t sell 300 of them either.
What you're imagining is they won't sell 300 on pre-order. Quarantine could sell 200 on pre-order if they wanted, or they could charge more, and sell more, slowly. ARH just didn't have enough time.

Your only argument would be "No they couldn't, because DD1 is less popular today" but I think we both know that's a false statement.
Old 11-23-2022, 11:13 AM   #1220
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
What you're imagining is they won't sell 300 on pre-order. Quarantine could sell 200 on pre-order if they wanted, or they could charge more, and sell more, slowly. ARH just didn't have enough time.

Your only argument would be "No they couldn't, because DD1 is less popular today" but I think we both know that's a false statement.
I hope they sell a thousand. Nobody wants Frazetta stuff to do better so more will be made than me. I?m just being realistic. Some of the biggest Frazetta fans are here in this group and you see their comments. Most of us already have one or multiple. There are 5,000 Bowens out there. 2 productions of different minis, the ARH 1/4 scale, and the Bradford exchange mini. Also I remembered I do know a guy who recently actually bought an ARH DD1 so I asked him. He goes by Shedman here and he bought one with box on eBay in July of 2020 for $999 and $250 shipping. He said that was the buy it now price and he thought about it for days before pulling the trigger. The main reason I?m afraid it won?t do well is there are already so many out there and I don?t actually disagree that DD is as or more popular now especially with the comic books now but to sell a high end statue you need a Frazetta fan who also collects or wants a Frazetta statue that has a grand of disposable income AND who doesn?t already have one or more of it already. As I said I hope it sells great. I may even buy one if it is 1/6 as I have a mini and a Bowen and an ARH but no 1/6 but it is my experience there aren?t a lot of guys like us. And regardless I would be really happy for the guys who don?t already have one, small though that number may be. I sincerely hope you are right and are able to rub my nose in it a year from now.