Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-07-2022, 04:30 PM   #301
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post

Joke aside, it's not the matter of size. It is how natural the muscles should look. Personally I quite dislike the overly exaggerated body-builder look on a Superman statue. I know he is Superman but still he doesn't really need to be a super body-builder to be super powerful. There is a distinct difference between being strong and being excessive. I guess that's why I still can't find one Superman statue to this day that I'd really like to collect. It's quite disappointing.
Superman is extremely strong to say the least, so it stands to reason that he has big muscles. If he only had a little muscle, it wouldn't look right IMO
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 04:31 PM   #302
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post

Joke aside, it's not the matter of size. It is how natural the muscles should look. Personally I quite dislike the overly exaggerated body-builder look on a Superman statue. I know he is Superman but still he doesn't really need to be a super body-builder to be super powerful. There is a distinct difference between being strong and being excessive. I guess that's why I still can't find one Superman statue to this day that I'd really like to collect. It's quite disappointing.
I dislike it when an outfit grips every muscle, sometimes implying a character is naked and covered in body paint.
Many Spider-Man pieces stuffer from this trait.
It takes skill to sculpt a body and cover it in sculpted fabric.

LOADING: Image(s)

The image on the far right amounts to suffering from what i described. An out and out fail.
The 2nd image from the left probably looks best of the 4
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 04:33 PM   #303
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Muscle tone that look stronger than this on a Superman statue would be too strong and overly exaggerated IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	body.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	155475  
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 04:36 PM   #304
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I dislike it when an outfit grips every muscle, sometimes implying a character is naked and covered in body paint.
Very well said. Exactly my point. Many Batman statues these days also suffer from this problem.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 12:33 AM   #305
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

LOADING: Image(s)

The image on the far right amounts to suffering from what i described. An out and out fail.
The 2nd image from the left probably looks best of the 4
Second image from the left is the current SSC Superman PF. IMO, a very nice piece.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 08:16 AM   #306
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Second image from the left is the current SSC Superman PF. IMO, a very nice piece.
Agreed. TH Supes 2.0 is also a great sculpt. I like my Supes muscular, yet still looking like there is skin on top of his muscles unlike some of those other pictures .

BUT, since this is a Reeve Supes thread, all that is moot I guess. Without a great portrait, I don't see me ever buying a Reeve Supes statue. I can't even get a perfect 1/4 Cavill one
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 09:21 AM   #307
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Agreed. TH Supes 2.0 is also a great sculpt. I like my Supes muscular, yet still looking like there is skin on top of his muscles unlike some of those other pictures .

BUT, since this is a Reeve Supes thread, all that is moot I guess. Without a great portrait, I don't see me ever buying a Reeve Supes statue. I can't even get a perfect 1/4 Cavill one
If Hot Toys ever decides to start making statues Sideshow is screwed. Their Reeve figure from a decade ago is still the best likeness we've ever gotten.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 10:46 AM   #308
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post

Exactly. That's the key point of buying a movie-based piece ...the likeness to the actor. The entire piece is a wash if that's a miss.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 11:12 AM   #309
nearmint
Phoenix

This still shows shipping this month. I wonder if they upload an out-of-box video anytime soon.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 07:41 PM   #310
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Is anyone receiving this the next week or so?
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote