Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-26-2022, 03:59 PM   #361
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

This is a return to form when it comes to their movie pieces.

I was thinking Sideshow may have turned a corner when it came to their movie pieces, but looks like producing substandard movie pieces is Sideshow.

Now this makes me hesitant for their Black Panther and others I've got on preorder.

Or this could simply be Sideshow's Superman movie curse.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 05:24 PM   #362
Tra-EL
Fantastic Four

I was so incredibly excited for this. Just canceled at the last moment before order processing. When I saw the pics, my heart sank. It can work for some Superman fans' collection, but this needed to be neons better to justify my excitement. The body and suit are fantastic, but the headsculpt leaves something to be desired.

Maybe one day they'll nail it in statue form. The Hot Toys Reeve is still champion for likelieness to Chris.

If Sideshow can't nail it, the new Prime 1 '89 Keaton just announced gives me hope for Reeve in that scale in the upcoming future.

I may revisit this piece down the road at a fair; discounted price.
Tra-EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 05:26 PM   #363
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I can't decide what looks worse - the fabric on the body and the cape, or the God awful neck seam.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 05:26 PM   #364
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
This is a return to form when it comes to their movie pieces.

I was thinking Sideshow may have turned a corner when it came to their movie pieces, but looks like producing substandard movie pieces is Sideshow.

Now this makes me hesitant for their Black Panther and others I've got on preorder.

Or this could simply be Sideshow's Superman movie curse.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 05:36 PM   #365
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
I was so incredibly excited for this. Just canceled at the last moment before order processing. When I saw the pics, my heart sank. It can work for some Superman fans' collection, but this needed to be neons better to justify my excitement. The body and suit are fantastic, but the headsculpt leaves something to be desired.

Maybe one day they'll nail it in statue form. The Hot Toys Reeve is still champion for likelieness to Chris.

If Sideshow can't nail it, the new Prime 1 '89 Keaton just announced gives me hope for Reeve in that scale in the upcoming future.

I may revisit this piece down the road at a fair; discounted price.
Prime 1 doing reeve might be the definitive superman - if they nail the paint
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:44 PM   #366
nearmint
Phoenix

I'm looking forward to Darkside's take.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:22 PM   #367
saintproduction
Birdman

[QUOTE=nearmint;6080951]I'm looking forward to Darkside's take.[/QUOTE

I think most collectors are looking for the Darkside take on it and I think they will do a 1:3 and 1:4 as well if I'm not mistaking.
Not sure if Prime 1 will ever do a Reeve, they are doing the 89 because it's a Batman but not sure about Reeve. I hope they will but I won't hold my breath!!
saintproduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:26 PM   #368
saintproduction
Birdman

I truly would pay a million dollars (if I had it lol) to know what is sideshow's team that was in charge of Reeve PF thinking when they are reading all these comments!! I wish they would comment back and put all of our questions to rest.
saintproduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 10:19 AM   #369
Tra-EL
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Prime 1 doing reeve might be the definitive superman - if they nail the paint
Oh, absolutely. I started my 1/3rd collection with the Fortress of Solitude base Superman (that cape was a pain in the ace!) and I have the ZSJL Black Suited Cavill on order. To get a Reeve in 1/3rd with Prime 1 would be God tier. Crossing fingers for that! The Keaton reveal opens up those possibilities for the hope to come.
Old 11-27-2022, 10:25 AM   #370
Tra-EL
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintproduction View Post
I truly would pay a million dollars (if I had it lol) to know what is sideshow's team that was in charge of Reeve PF thinking when they are reading all these comments!! I wish they would comment back and put all of our questions to rest.
It's just a bummer all around for the company to know how they had one failed attempt at it before, so they should have made this piece as perfect and as bulletproof as it could (and should) have been. Instead, this piece will more than likely end up in the divisive/missed opportunity category that will later be seen on eBay sooner than later from collectors that wanted to see it in hand.

I sold off my OG Reeve Hot Toys because I was getting into the 1/3rd game a few years ago. Glad I got that back in my collection.