Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-09-2021, 09:48 PM   #11
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This looks amazing but I've been burned by Goodsmile's proto to production disparity before.
Can you give an example? I'm just curious. I don't collect anime figures, but from what I've seen online, this company does good work. Just wondering where I should look to get a better idea of their production quality on expensive stuff.

All that said, this piece is too pricey for a quarter scale statue and I can't justify it.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:49 PM   #12
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
LOL, I just looked this up about 30 seconds before you posted .... still a bit unclear on what it means/who is actually doing what. At the end of the day it's a lot of money on what seems like a new/first time venture.... I'm torn.
Yeah, it doesn't say much. The rest of the pieces listed under this brand are just normal figures from what I could see. This is the only polystone statue.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:57 PM   #13
qz33
Rescue

Yeah it was Max Factory distributed by Good Smile.
Can't believe it's been 5 YEARS!
Time is rocket boosters!
https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=148049
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:02 PM   #14
qz33
Rescue

I remember back when I couldn't quite discern who actually made what. I know Good Smile is a distributor but it gets kinda blurry between manufacturer and distributor because Good Smile makes a lotta stuff even for other companies. kinda like most U.S. statue companies like Sideshow is a Producer but owns no factories and actually makes no products. All I know is from the pictures to what I actually got was heartbreaking.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Smile_Company
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:17 PM   #15
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Gotta say, Mainland collectors are really upping the price on this stuff as im seeing more and more price increases on all kit sizes. Just so much money floating around so i guess they are driving the inflation on this.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:21 PM   #16
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I remember back when I couldn't quite discern who actually made what. I know Good Smile is a distributor but it gets kinda blurry between manufacturer and distributor because Good Smile makes a lotta stuff even for other companies. kinda like most U.S. statue companies like Sideshow is a Producer but owns no factories and actually makes no products. All I know is from the pictures to what I actually got was heartbreaking.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Smile_Company
It sucks when you get something with problems that are caused by a lack of quality control. It's the main reason I stopped ordering from Sideshow. I had multiple pieces with googly eyes and just couldn't justify spending money on a lottery. I caved with their MOTU statues and was pleasantly surprised. Then I ordered a Prime 1 Hush Batman from them and got somebody's return (3rd time that has happened with Sideshow). I'm back to avoiding them.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:20 AM   #17
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looks really nice!
But can't get this, wife would kill me and I need to focus more to save money anyway.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:18 AM   #18
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
€870 !!!!!

I just finished cleaning my underwear from the shock of the Queen Studio Wonder Woman.......now this!?!

Hey, forget the boobs, for that price I need that girl to be fully anatomically correct in all areas......things look awfully smooth from the belly button downwards. If a company is gonna produce a naked sculpt AND charge €870 for 1/4 scale.....I want to see EVERYTHING.

Go big or go home.

There is no mention of an edition size and preorder window is open until June - I'll take a wait and see approach on this statue. I'm interested but the price, yikes!

For kicks, I proceeded to check out at Good Smile and the total was $1,128.91 (US $)

Tax was almost $100 but shipping was surprisingly only $4.36
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:36 AM   #19
SDguy

It will also be interesting to see if other vendors carry it.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:54 AM   #20
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
It will also be interesting to see if other vendors carry it.
There are US outlets on their list, if they carry it or not is another matter

https://partner.goodsmile.info/suppo.../partnershops/

sorry put the link to the wrong list...these are the shops
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote