Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-14-2022, 04:06 PM   #2971
Dundee
Hydra

Prime 1 are now 'offering' a real leather jacket for their t-800. I suspect it won't be cheap.

It may be a good time again to suggest to prime 1 that we either want real leather for the shorts, or sculpt the entire lot like the 1/4. We asked for it before and I think it's the right time to ask for it again. Synthetic leather should not even be an option on a 3k statue.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 04:11 PM   #2972
csutkakoma
The Herculoids

Prime 1 is becoming the joke. I hope the customers will pay with their wallet. Incredibly shady move by them. Also it is laughable that the shorts are fake leather on the JH. Hope they will change it. For this price that is the bare minimum.
csutkakoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 04:40 PM   #2973
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
Prime 1 is becoming the joke. I hope the customers will pay with their wallet. Incredibly shady move by them. Also it is laughable that the shorts are fake leather on the JH. Hope they will change it. For this price that is the bare minimum.
This.

They?re using what we want and charging us extra (exorbitant) priced for it.

Example:

Jungle Hunter 1/3:

1. We wanted a closed mouth. Should have been standard. They gave it to us ? with a $1k + tag
2. We wanted a real leather belt/bag ?. They now know we like leather (we pay thousands, and they thought we wouldn?t care if they got the cheapest material out there?). My guess is they?ll charge much more than what it?s worth. Real leather is not that expensive.

They already showed their true colors with the closed mouth bust. I think we know what they care about most..

Hint, it?s not the customers.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:10 PM   #2974
Blade3327
Nightwing

I sincerely hope they won't offer up a purchasable skirt upgrade, but if they do: go to any craft store and buy a sheet of leather, pleather, suede, whatever you like for cheap. Cut it, weather it if desired, and fix it on yourself. It'll cost less than buying from Prime 1 and may even look better depending on your commitment to accuracy.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:29 PM   #2975
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Prime 1 are now 'offering' a real leather jacket for their t-800. I suspect it won't be cheap.

It may be a good time again to suggest to prime 1 that we either want real leather for the shorts, or sculpt the entire lot like the 1/4. We asked for it before and I think it's the right time to ask for it again. Synthetic leather should not even be an option on a 3k statue.
i think this piece is in the rear view mirror for P1 in terms of solicitation, and doing what it takes to get the orders. There hasn't been a peep about this, and little updates from the latest showcase.

the good news is it seems like Secret Compass's shipments are a WAYYYYYYY behind on other Prime 1 orders. so those that ordered from SC will have a long time to save up and an even longer time to decide if they want to keep the statue. I want it, but im VERY concerned with what the final product will end up looking like and the bust solicitation was a total buzz kill.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:49 PM   #2976
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I sincerely hope they won't offer up a purchasable skirt upgrade, but if they do: go to any craft store and buy a sheet of leather, pleather, suede, whatever you like for cheap. Cut it, weather it if desired, and fix it on yourself. It'll cost less than buying from Prime 1 and may even look better depending on your commitment to accuracy.
I don't think they would, but I'm still going to mention the 'offer' on the t-800 in my email to them to let them know that collectors do not want the same treatment for the pred. Yes I know it's slim chance they'll do anything about it, but at least they know collectors are onto them should they pull a low blow move.

Throw enough mud and some will stick.
Old 02-14-2022, 05:57 PM   #2977
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i think this piece is in the rear view mirror for P1 in terms of solicitation, and doing what it takes to get the orders. There hasn't been a peep about this, and little updates from the latest showcase.

the good news is it seems like Secret Compass's shipments are a WAYYYYYYY behind on other Prime 1 orders. so those that ordered from SC will have a long time to save up and an even longer time to decide if they want to keep the statue. I want it, but im VERY concerned with what the final product will end up looking like and the bust solicitation was a total buzz kill.
Yeah it's dissapointing we've seen nothing more on this. We all want this badly but money talks, if this turns out to be a turd, I'll happily lose my deposit so as for them not to get my 3k.

Good thing is it's not only $ for Prime 1 but reputation on the line as well, that does give me comfort should they f@ck up things badly, no amount of profit can recuperate significant brand damage, they will lose thousands of collectors
Old 02-14-2022, 06:10 PM   #2978
qz33
Rescue

They will not lose customers well not beyond their normal attrition. They will at least turn in something just good enough to keep a majority of buyers from returning the statue.

I believe Prime 1 will find much fewer follow through customer than those that have initiated an order due to the price regardless of the finished product. They will make a killing in lost deposits and still end up eventually selling all of whatever the factory churns out.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 06:22 PM   #2979
Dundee
Hydra

Yes they would, this statue is well beyond their normal attrition. The lost deposits is 1/10 of the price. It's risky business for prime 1. I'm glad they painted themselves in the corner, now they just need to deliver. Brand image is not just instant money, it's money from vision and memory of into the future. Damage that and it's a long slow bleed out. No business is ever rewarded for thinking short term.
Old 02-14-2022, 07:20 PM   #2980
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
They will not lose customers well not beyond their normal attrition. They will at least turn in something just good enough to keep a majority of buyers from returning the statue.

I believe Prime 1 will find much fewer follow through customer than those that have initiated an order due to the price regardless of the finished product. They will make a killing in lost deposits and still end up eventually selling all of whatever the factory churns out.
If anything, the massive edition size on this should prevent them from running out of replacements.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote