Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-01-2022, 04:50 PM   #161
MrYac
Hercules

bad pictures incoming, and sadly i don't have room for the ghosts yet so just the ronin for now, but i'll be addressing that very soon.

this is the stuff i don't like, sculpting the sai on him really annoys me since one of his hands he is wielding one, so him having 3 is weird.

same with the sheath and bo on his back, why would i have him wield a bo when he has one stuck to his back already?

he also comes with some other weapons which you can't do much with that are supposed to just go on the base, but again considering the majority of them are represented on him already they seem pointless to me. he also has 2 arms for each side 1 sleeved with the sai on the right and unsleeved holding the katana as well as a sleeved and unsleeved left hand that is empty and can hold either the bo or broken sword, i don't like the unsleeved look anywhere near as much so i am disappointed the only way to display the katana is in that arm. but i am happy with him barring those minor complaints, i do think this piece would've really benefitted from a light feature as well since the green translucent sewer water would look great lit up and the ghosts as well for obvious reasons.

MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 05:31 PM   #162
SONICobra
Batman

yeah careless engineering of swap outs, sometimes companies get it right offering empty holsters etc - sometimes they miss the mark. P1 snake eyes has a similar issue, they basically force you to display him holding the two katanas otherwise he has duplicate guns and missing katanas from the empty sword sheath. he looks best with katanas anyway imo so its not a huge issue just annoying like you said

on the bright side, thats a pretty killer looking statue - congrats
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 05:33 PM   #163
MrYac
Hercules

there is a cap piece for the sheath, so at least that one still works if you decide to go dual katana.
Old 11-01-2022, 05:44 PM   #164
qz33
Doctor Doom

Wow hadn't seen it that dark before. Looks pretty rad that way too but agree about the light up.

Funny the sai at least looks like it was a separate piece until they glued it on. Everything looks so real close up.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 07:45 PM   #165
MrYac
Hercules

update, i did have a bit of an issue on mine. there was a small bit of his coat broken off when i opened but for the life of me couldn't figure out where it was from. saw a video of an unboxing that clued me in it was from the back, contacted sideshow and they've already got a replacement on the way. fingers crossed it's got no issues.
Old 11-16-2022, 11:24 AM   #166
nearmint
Phoenix

The collector's edition was on Seconds last night. Someone got a good deal.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:20 PM   #167
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
The collector's edition was on Seconds last night. Someone got a good deal.
Saw that, but did they really? It?s 15% off a damaged box. And it was on sale during spooktacular for 13% with no issues. So for me personally I, would have waited until Black Friday for a new one.
Yes in reality you?re 100% correct it?s a good deal, if you are Not willing to take that chance and just get it now. But I?m thinking SS will put him up again at some point during this sale.

Guess I?m also a bit salty due to purchasing 4 items in the prior months (Sept and Oct) to see them all hit sale prices now.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 01:30 PM   #168
BurningRage
Inhumans

You can also get it for 15% off when you get a delay order coupon.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote