Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-10-2022, 09:26 PM   #111
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Why bother making the design of the suit (mostly) “classic” if you’re not willing to paint it the proper colors.

This one needs to be revised.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:47 PM   #112
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
My opinion this falls drastically short when it comes to representing the classic Iron Man?? The knee caps kill it for me they need to start from scratch. As it is it will not make it to my collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Why bother making the design of the suit (mostly) ?classic? if you?re not willing to paint it the proper colors.

This one needs to be revised.

Totally agree on both counts.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 05:25 AM   #113
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
My opinion this falls drastically short when it comes to representing the classic Iron Man?? The knee caps kill it for me they need to start from scratch. As it is it will not make it to my collection.
Absolutely, this isn't classic Iron man. Hopefully Marvel don't approve the sculpt and tell them to start over again but that is highly unlikely.

I really wish the LBS 1/3 scale Avengers line up would have looked this, all consistent classic designs.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 11:11 PM   #114
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Cap version 2 !?

First I'm hearing about this, I mentioned a while back that they should make another Cap but in true classic style, I'm hoping this is what this new Cap is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze Thanos View Post
Yep. Check the LBS FB page and you will see Jay mentions it. ��
That must have been a misunderstanding. I chatted with Jay tonight and there are no plans for another Cap.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 01:47 PM   #115
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Wow, that Alex Ross art is great. Hopefully someone will do a sculpt that fully reflects that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
That Ross art would make a perfect statue. Lit up it would be a real showstopper
Someone did but it's only a 3D rendering, a fan-art piece, not for production.

Many talented 3D sculptors out there have done amazing work on various superheroes. It would be fantastic if some of their work get picked up by some of the big name statue manufacturers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom MV - 2.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	395.0 KB
ID:	155618   Click image for larger version

Name:	ironman.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	155619  
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 02:03 PM   #116
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Classic Hulk and Captain America are the two best statues of this series so far. Alex Ross style and his more realistic approach of drawing is the best IMO. I do like Alex Ross Ironman a lot among other characters. I wish this Ironman statue would be closer to that image.

I am not sure if the combination of the classic comic style and the movie-themed robotic style is a good idea for this statue. It is not pleasing any of the fans from both camps. it's a missed opportunity.
Old 11-15-2022, 02:33 PM   #117
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
Classic Hulk and Captain America are the two best statues of this series so far. Alex Ross style and his more realistic approach of drawing is the best IMO. I do like Alex Ross Ironman a lot among other characters. I wish this Ironman statue would be closer to that image.

I am not sure if the combination of the classic comic style and the movie-themed robotic style is a good idea for this statue. It is not pleasing any of the fans from both camps. it's a missed opportunity.
You must just like those 2 characters more or something because the Thor is definitely the best all around statue of those revealed/made to this point. I'd put the Captain America statue last, and he's my "favorite" character of all of them.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:57 PM   #118
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
You must just like those 2 characters more or something because the Thor is definitely the best all around statue of those revealed/made to this point. I'd put the Captain America statue last, and he's my "favorite" character of all of them.
You are right. I do like those two characters more in comparison. It has to do with the look and feel of the characters, I guess. Thor looks cool. I know he is super popular, but I am just not a huge fan of the Viking-inspired costume for some reason. It reminds me too much of the MOTU than Marvel Universe. Of course, it's strictly a personal feeling. No disrespect to the fan of the Thor out there.
Old 03-07-2023, 01:19 PM   #119
Shoo
Hercules

Omniverse Museum at Glorietta Makati (Philippines).

Pics posted by Jay Sia.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 02:29 PM   #120
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quite a lineup!
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote