Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-08-2022, 08:04 AM   #11
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 08:22 AM   #12
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 08:58 AM   #13
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

The mixed media ruins it for me on 1/2 scale. They directly go from a nice piece of art to a a cheap prop or Toy that you can find at Target.
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 10:50 AM   #14
Aidmit One
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Looks just alright when compared to the other Witch-kings that have dropped over the last year-ish. P1 has the Witch-king game locked down right now, but IS is winning the Legolas game without a doubt.
Aidmit One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 12:13 PM   #15
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EStark View Post
The mixed media ruins it for me on 1/2 scale. They directly go from a nice piece of art to a a cheap prop or Toy that you can find at Target.
I disagree. Imo once you get to the larger scales such as this, mixed media is more representative of how it looks in the film, and as such is more accurate.

Though fully sculpted can look cooler, but no one would ever mistake it for a screenshot from the film. It's like the argument of rooted versus sculpted hair.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 01:07 PM   #16
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I mean it looks good. I prefer the helm of DS but i like this look overall more than DS and P1. But , wow, he’s a big boi
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 01:58 PM   #17
EStark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I disagree. Imo once you get to the larger scales such as this, mixed media is more representative of how it looks in the film, and as such is more accurate.

Though fully sculpted can look cooler, but no one would ever mistake it for a screenshot from the film. It's like the argument of rooted versus sculpted hair.
It makes it look cheap or fake for me. I think full mixed media in person is more representative of how it looks on stage, before the movie magic. As if you are watching unedited behind the scenes high fps footage.
Old 11-08-2022, 02:10 PM   #18
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
It makes it look cheap or fake for me. I think full mixed media in person is more representative of how it looks on stage, before the movie magic. As if you are watching unedited behind the scenes high fps footage.
Fully sculpted - at 1/2 scale would look like a statue. I know, ironically that's the point - however, these figures stopped being statues a long time ago. These (let's call them figures) - are attempting to be hyper real replicas of film characters - like a miniaturized Madame Tussauds.

So, I'm not sure your argument for them looking "fake or cheap" makes any logical sense - as material mimicking material is going to look far more realistic than a sculpted statue.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 04:11 PM   #19
EStark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Fully sculpted - at 1/2 scale would look like a statue. I know, ironically that's the point - however, these figures stopped being statues a long time ago. These (let's call them figures) - are attempting to be hyper real replicas of film characters - like a miniaturized Madame Tussauds.

So, I'm not sure your argument for them looking "fake or cheap" makes any logical sense - as material mimicking material is going to look far more realistic than a sculpted statue.
To me it would look more realistic in a photo. Not in person. In person it would look like a small person dressed in a costume for a play.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:28 PM   #20
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
To me it would look more realistic in a photo. Not in person. In person it would look like a small person dressed in a costume for a play.
Fair enough. I assume you won't be buying it then, as it's unlikely Infinity are going to alter their product sizing.

You'll probably have more fun with the 1/4 Prime1 or Darkside piece.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote