Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-27-2022, 10:31 AM   #91
jinkazama
Cobra Command

As P1 listened to fan feedback regarding the Jungle Hunter, fixing a lot of inaccuracies and adding a lot of extra stuff, I REALLY hope enough fans will point out to P1 that the bio mask for the Berserker Predator needs to be a bit wider, and the bio mask head sculpt needs to show less of it's head on the left and right hand side......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 11:23 AM   #92
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEBOX View Post
Maybe Tracker & Falconer heads?
I can't see every Predator getting their own statue.
So, maybe just giving us head (pun intended) would be better than nothing.
The Falconer has a nice design, but the Tracker(Boar) is garbage.
Indeed maybe a switchout arm plus masked falconer head will fit this statue.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 01:27 PM   #93
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
I'm expecting a big jump in price. The detail on that base is insane and we all know how much they charged for the extra skulls to go with the P2
The base is smaller and more compact than the Jungle Hunter's though, so they could easily price it the same if they wanted. The skulls on the base are part of the base. That's what you're paying for to have a base. Big difference between the City Hunter.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 01:55 PM   #94
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACEBOX View Post
Maybe Tracker & Falconer heads?
I can't see every Predator getting their own statue.
So, maybe just giving us head (pun intended) would be better than nothing.
Falconer has a completely different color palette and Tracker has a different armor design. I can't imagine them doing that, nor could I see anyone actually using those head sculpts on Mr. Black's body.

I'd buy each of them individually if the accuracy and quality is there. They're pretty fantastic and unique designs.

Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 02:07 PM   #95
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
The base is smaller and more compact than the Jungle Hunter's though, so they could easily price it the same if they wanted....
Good luck with that.

Basic Predator 2 is $2,800, 300 more than the JH, and you get nothing with that. With the detail on the Berserker I'm expecting $3,000 minimum for the Reg.
Collectorcol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 02:18 PM   #96
VILE GUILE

Quote:
Good luck with that.

Basic Predator 2 is $2,800, 300 more than the JH, and you get nothing with that. With the detail on the Berserker I'm expecting $3,000 minimum for the Reg.
I paid 3K for the JH with all the shi#, so that's what I'm saying. I could do 3K on this one with all the stuff. But yeah, it'll probably be 3K for just the reg. If they don't want to get stuck holding the bag, they should chill out on the price hikes. Not a ton of people can swing much more for a single statue. Time will tell.
Old 11-27-2022, 03:13 PM   #97
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Good luck with that.

You're not wrong, but they also don't seem to have sold many of those City Hunters from what we're seeing. It's basically been forgotten about on these boards aside from showing up at these cons looking a little sad next to the JH and now the Berserker. Prime 1 did actually reduce the price on the City hunter bust by $100 over the JH bust. They definitely have plenty of manoeuvring room within their profit margins to play around with the price. While I suspect you're probably correct and they will try to up it again, they might also figure that if they couldn't shift the vastly more popular City Hunter (Admittedly a poorly executed statue) Then this might have to be a bit more reasonable. At the very least, no price increase. It's not like it's been that long since the CH was priced up and we've heard outright from Coolprops just two weeks ago that factory prices are coming down so they are lowering prices. Who knows though, if this is $2500 like the basic JH, I'll bite. If it isn't, I probably won't. Although either way, I'll probably wait and see how Celtic and Wolf turn out before I decide. I don't think I can justify more than two of these monster statues....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 04:17 PM   #98
VILE GUILE

It's possible Prime 1 got a little too excited with how well the classic Jungle Pred was selling, that they pushed their luck a little with the price on the City Hunter; underestimating how much more popular the original movie is & the pose for example.

Casual fans of Predator that ordered the statue, are most likely going to be one and done and pass on all the others, so that's why I'm saying they should be aware & price conscious with Berserky B.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:59 PM   #99
Dundee
Hydra

I reckon reg would be 2699, dx 2999 (with an extra head switch out and a few other little bells and whistles).
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:22 PM   #100
Hutch0o
Birdman

The berserker is cool but I think they should set an ES day 1of like 300 and price it 2500-2800 if they want to make sales. The OG predator has so much history behind it, the rest kind of went downhill in design and quality as the movies went and don't hold much significance to a lot of people. Personally I would choose a 1/3 scale Dutch to pair with Jungle hunter over another giant irrelevant predator.
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote