Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #31
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
You stand in one place and get Hulk angry and yell at your loudest/meanest. I bet your body gets rigid and tense.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #32
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

The variant turned out better in the end
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #33
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
You stand in one place and get Hulk angry and yell at your loudest/meanest. I bet your body gets rigid and tense.
try it. Do what the good classic animators would do and get up and physically act each one out and see which feels more natural. Bellowing with your arms at your sides seems awkward to me. If his arms were raised a bit, the neck muscles more visibly strained and the overall stance of the body not so formal (stationary, symetrical) then mayb th variant had would look more naturally integrated to me.

But I'm not on a mission to convince anyone of anything. I had th opportunity to switch to the variant early on and after a long look at each declined. after sing the latest pics, i'm fully satisfied I made the right choice for myself.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #34
aeumuse
Hydra

Looks great right there~

Edit:
Scratch that, he looks awesome in the latest pics & clip!

screen cap courtesy of averone's maquette review,
aeumuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:35 AM   #35
ZoD
U talkin' to me?

Got my final payment and shipping notice today so in a few weeks i will have him to sit beside my variant version. Can't wait!

Now i just have to wait for my Hulk Maquette to come into stock where i got it.
ZoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #36
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoD View Post
Got my final payment and shipping notice today so in a few weeks i will have him to sit beside my variant version. Can't wait!

Now i just have to wait for my Hulk Maquette to come into stock where i got it.
Comparison pics are a most my friend. I'll be waiting!!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #37
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
try it. Do what the good classic animators would do and get up and physically act each one out and see which feels more natural. Bellowing with your arms at your sides seems awkward to me. If his arms were raised a bit, the neck muscles more visibly strained and the overall stance of the body not so formal (stationary, symetrical) then mayb th variant had would look more naturally integrated to me.

But I'm not on a mission to convince anyone of anything. I had th opportunity to switch to the variant early on and after a long look at each declined. after sing the latest pics, i'm fully satisfied I made the right choice for myself.
I am glad that you like it but I disagree with your opinion. I personally like the variant over this version because the first one feels more natural to me. In my opinion, the head sculpt and the body pose work perfectly together. I do not see what you see but it comes down to a matter of personal taste and individual observation.

Regardless of choice, both are great statues (as all the Hulks made by Randy & co). At the end of the day, the choice falls into the hands of the collector and the vision that he or she is trying to achieve on his or her display. Congratulations on your new piece!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #38
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post

I may be the only who did it - but I did try "bellowing" with my arms by my side. It seemed perfectly natural and actually a bit more intimidating than screaming with your arms raised.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #39
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I may be the only who did it - but I did try "bellowing" with my arms by my side. It seemed perfectly natural and actually a bit more intimidating than screaming with your arms raised.
Come on, i want to see pics of you striking the Ms Marvel pose.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #40
statue-man
The Riddler

My Hulk is sitting at UPS. I called and tried to get it today but it was a no. I have to wait for Monday.
statue-man is offline   Reply With Quote