Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-29-2018, 01:45 AM   #3901
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
Infinity War statues will be offered by Kotobukiya! Thanos ARTFX+ will likely go up for pre-order next month.

What a lovely day...
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:25 AM   #3902
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Wish they would re-release more

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
No plans that I have heard of. Speaking of General Grievous it's very unlikely this piece will enter into reproduction due to the high production costs.

Was wondering how production costs were so high. It's pretty clear that you could do a re-release on Grievous, Darth Maul and The Sandtrooper two pack and fetch $125-$150 MSRP for each. I just think that pricing is off on a lot of statues. Rey & Finn MSRP $130, now goes for $60 on Amazon. Poe & BB8 MSRP $110, now goes for $82 on Amazon. Capt. Phasma MSRP $80, now goes for $30-$40 on eBay and Amazon. I understand that you need to push out new movie product, but it would be nice to see more prequel releases in 1/10 scale. Mace Windu, Count Dooku, Anakin Skywalker, Prequel Obi-Wan, Padme, Qui Gon Jinn. These would sell well. Also, any plans for other highly requested statues:

X-Wing Pilot Luke
Hoth Leia/Bespin Han Solo 2 pack
Grand Moff Tarkin
Bounty Hunters at 1/10
Lando
Wedge Antilles

It would be great to see more of the original movie and prequel lineup.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:14 PM   #3903
Tushar
Hellboy

Two words:

"Bikini Leia"
Old 03-29-2018, 06:32 PM   #3904
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea625 View Post
Was wondering how production costs were so high. It's pretty clear that you could do a re-release on Grievous, Darth Maul and The Sandtrooper two pack and fetch $125-$150 MSRP for each. I just think that pricing is off on a lot of statues. Rey & Finn MSRP $130, now goes for $60 on Amazon. Poe & BB8 MSRP $110, now goes for $82 on Amazon. Capt. Phasma MSRP $80, now goes for $30-$40 on eBay and Amazon. I understand that you need to push out new movie product, but it would be nice to see more prequel releases in 1/10 scale. Mace Windu, Count Dooku, Anakin Skywalker, Prequel Obi-Wan, Padme, Qui Gon Jinn. These would sell well. Also, any plans for other highly requested statues:

X-Wing Pilot Luke
Hoth Leia/Bespin Han Solo 2 pack
Grand Moff Tarkin
Bounty Hunters at 1/10
Lando
Wedge Antilles

It would be great to see more of the original movie and prequel lineup.
We actually announced during our panel at Wondercon this past weekend that 4-LOM would be joining our ARTFX+ line. Also more Star Wars ARTFX+ announcements will be made around May 4th for the now annual Star Wars day.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:38 PM   #3905
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Two words:

"Bikini Leia"
Two Words:

"Highly unlikely"
Old 03-30-2018, 06:36 AM   #3906
Tushar
Hellboy

I'm curious, for the pieces re-issued after a few years, does the licencing and approval need to be renegotiated, or does the first approval gives Koto the right to produce it again whenever they please?

I know Disney is trying to stop new Slave Leia merchandise; but could Koto re-issue their old ArtFX slave Leia if they wanted to?
Old 03-30-2018, 07:46 AM   #3907
Max Carnage
Fantastic Four

When will we possibly see the complete artwork of new Avengers ArtFX+ wave? SDCC?
Max Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:07 AM   #3908
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Gonk will the DRS line continue past Storm?
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:43 AM   #3909
cannonlocke
A day without sunshine is like... night.

1. Why are bishoujos being re-release when there are tons of other DC/Marvel ladies that have yet to be made?
2. Is the DC and Marvel bishoujo line still going strong or is it at the risk of cancellation too? Will we get new characters soon?
3. How is the Ikemen line doing? Will there be other characters after the Batman line?
cannonlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:07 PM   #3910
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonlocke View Post
1. Why are bishoujos being re-release when there are tons of other DC/Marvel ladies that have yet to be made?
I, for one, am not complaining. I started collecting recently and there's a lot of older statues I missed. Though I will say that I prefer the face sculpts of the newer bishoujos better and, like Supergirl, would rather have a newer version (with a better face) for my favorite characters. Most of them were released in earlier waves, like Wonder Woman, Sue Storm, Elektra and X-23.

IOW, For any character already relesed:
Newer bishoujo > re-issue of older bishoujo > no bishoujo at all