Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-17-2018, 05:20 PM   #2311
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
so we're going to get pages and pages of venting over price again. jeez, we do this with nearly every release nowadays.

Yes it's over priced.

now let's talk about the statue
I’ve tried but everyone is fixated on the price. They all need to vent like they did with Thanos, Bane, Deadpool, Red Sonja and now Magneto. I’m just going to let nature take its course 😁
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:27 PM   #2312
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
so we're going to get pages and pages of venting over price again. jeez, we do this with nearly every release nowadays.

Yes it's over priced.

now let's talk about the statue
I hear you. I get tired about all the b----ing & complaining! If you don't like the price then don't buy it. I myself really like this piece and am looking to buy it. I love the EX head sculpt.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:28 PM   #2313
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

The TBD ES is a gift to anyone on the fence. Now we can hang out to see if any other Mags pop up on the market.

The fabric cape made this a pass for me.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:29 PM   #2314
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Not that I would ever get this. But for CA residents who pay sales tax this is a $870 statue. Yikes.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:31 PM   #2315
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
The TBD ES is a gift to anyone on the fence. Now we can hang out to see if any other Mags pop up on the market.

The fabric cape made this a pass for me.
They confirmed that the EX ES is going to be TBD? If so, I will definitely wait. I will probably opt for the Prime 1 Flash and then see what else they come out with.
danteipp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:01 PM   #2316
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I have no problem with the pricing. Rather that is to say, I believe SS can charge whatever the hell they want for whatever statue they make. I believe in capitalism and the market will decide if they are making the right choice or not. But I don't agree with an arbitrary definition of the maquette title explaining why they cost more. When we will never know if it's true or not.

This Magneto looks dope. If it's a maquette cool! But that means more work went into it than all other PFs?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:26 PM   #2317
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I've seen the Deadpool in person, and while I haven't seen Magneto in person, Deadpool looks a LOT more dynamic and detailed than this.

Yea, that guy is crazy to think this base is better then Deadpool..I have it and its awesome.Your really have to see deadpool in person..Would have bought this if it wasn't for the cape...Will not settle just to have one in my collection..Maybe if it was the same price as wolfie..maybe.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:36 PM   #2318
FJC
Midnighter

So, back to the price...those of you who say they see the value or understand the price increase of Mags, please explain to me how this piece is almost $200 more than Wolverine. Because I certainly don't see what makes this statue almost $200 more than Wolverine. I'll even go so far as to say that the Wolverine PF smokes this Mags MAQ. Hell, it's far superior to Mags IMO. Even the base on Wolverine looks better.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:41 PM   #2319
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Yea, that guy is crazy to think this base is better then Deadpool..I have it and its awesome.Your really have to see deadpool in person..Would have bought this if it wasn't for the cape...Will not settle just to have one in my collection..Maybe if it was the same price as wolfie..maybe.
How am I crazy to think that? Deadpool has a little oval explosion. It’s not exactly ground breaking. XMs bases, now those are impressive. Maybe that’s why I’m not blown away by Deadpool’s base. Magnetos base if you watch sideshow live video on YouTube from today, you will see how large it is. It goes around his body.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:42 PM   #2320
SONICobra
Batman

i think its cool they designed an entire sentinel to dissect and use for bases on future statues (if the line continues )
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote