Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-30-2018, 08:45 PM   #31
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Watching all three prequels never got me something I wanted. Watching the two new ones it just keeps getting farther from what I want and I fail to see how IX will possibly be anything I want.

In my opinion any franchise has to eventually give me a reason to continue to support it.
How about Rogue One or Solo? Did you like those? Let’s be honest; companies are not going to invest in what doesn’t make money. Do we want a Boba Fett movie? Then we need to support the franchise. Plain and simple. Otherwise, we need to find something else to entertain ourselves. In my case, I am not willing to wait another 40 years to relive the original trilogy. I’m too old for that.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:40 AM   #32
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
How about Rogue One or Solo? Did you like those? Let’s be honest; companies are not going to invest in what doesn’t make money. Do we want a Boba Fett movie? Then we need to support the franchise. Plain and simple. Otherwise, we need to find something else to entertain ourselves. In my case, I am not willing to wait another 40 years to relive the original trilogy. I’m too old for that.
I completely disagree with you, if you want people to come see your movies make good movies.... supporting their bad movies just means they will keep making more bad movies.. They have no motivation to change if people keep feeding them money. If the movies fail then Disney is forced to make big changes... With a 4 billion investment they're not going to shelve the franchise...

IMO Kennedy has made a mess out of the franchise, arguing with all the directors and then ultimately firing most of them didn't help.

Kennedy might of been a good producer but it's obvious she doesn't know how to run a franchise as big as Star Wars. And yes if Kennedy was a man and he made all the same decisions I would say the exact same thing about him.... Hell I think Rian Johnson is a moron and he's a guy and if Rian had been female I would say the exact same thing about her writing and direction of TLJ.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:46 AM   #33
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Out of all the movies, I feel there are only two memorable and classic sequences since Jedi.
The Darth Maul battle with Duel of the Fates music
The ending of Rogue One with Darth Vader attack

That’s it.
Ep 8 was complete garbage and they should be ashamed for not listening to Hamill.
Actually, Clone Wars was awesome too but thst was pre-Kennedy. Rebels sucked.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:24 AM   #34
SONICobra
Batman

clone wars is the sh!t
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:08 PM   #35
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
The fault does not fall on Kathleen Kennedy. The fault falls on closed minded fans. Those who did not give Solo a chance at the box office. They killed Boba’s chance with their toxic speech too.
Blame everyone else and don't take responsibility. If I didn't know any better I'd say you were Rian Johnson. If you knew anything about business you'd know blaming customers for your lousy product is a poor business model and it's definitely not a sustainable practice at all.
Most people reading this know where the fault of these sh!t movies really belongs and it's got nothing to do with fans, just a bunch of entitled,arrogant..out of touch
snobs with no talent who want to piss in a glass and sell you lemonade.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:53 PM   #36
off
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
Blame everyone else and don't take responsibility. If I didn't know any better I'd say you were Rian Johnson. If you knew anything about business you'd know blaming customers for your lousy product is a poor business model and it's definitely not a sustainable practice at all.
Most people reading this know where the fault of these sh!t movies really belongs and it's got nothing to do with fans, just a bunch of entitled,arrogant..out of touch
Yep.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:43 AM   #37
built2shred
Phoenix

I think another mistake was not allowing one writer to do all 3 movies, allowing each director to write his/her own story for each episode was a huge mistake...

At least with each trilogy George Lucas did, he had a story to follow from beginning to end... sure the prequels acting and dialogue (at least with the first 2 movies) were horrible but you could at least see the story he was telling...

I honestly don't' know WTF story Rian was telling... I mean fans who liked TLJ had to make $hit up in order to fill all the plot holes he left in it...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:51 AM   #38
qz33
Doctor Doom

They've really backed themselves into a corner going into 9.
What else is there to see other than the defeat of Kylo and the First Order? I know they'll come up with a twist here and there but there just isn't anything left to wonder other than Rey's origin which after 3 movies is a forced plot device.

Even the prequels left more desire for answers and I think the expectation is that everyone will just see these because they are Star Wars movies. That worked for The Force Awakens but each movie has to earn it's audience and Star Wars hasn't been doing that for a while now.

And this is from someone who really enjoyed the spiritual scenes in The Last Jedi.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:26 PM   #39
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
How is it that you always come across as an a$$hole? Are you being mistreated at the nursing home? In any case, I have a good grasp of business management. After all, that’s what I went to school for. But hey, I don’t need to show you my credentials. You are a know it all after all. The only self entitled, arrogant, out of touch, snowflakes I see are those who love to complaint about everything. Particularly those living trapped in a time machine. Time to move on, pops.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:00 PM   #40
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
How is it that you always come across as an a$$hole?
Simple really..I dedicated years of hard work and practice to become the most successful a$$hole I could be. It's my shtick. If I only had natural talent of being an a$$ like yourself I could have achieved that goal with greater ease and in half the time.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote