Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 08-27-2020, 12:18 PM   #11
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
If you guys didn't like political messages being displayed during games, you must really hate that many games are now being postponed for political reasons. NBA, WNBA, MLB, MLS and Tennis have all postponed games/matches as a form of protest.
Nah, more like indifferent.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:32 PM   #12
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I actually find this reaction not surprising at all.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #13
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
I actually find this reaction not surprising at all.
Given that out of all the sports you mentioned, the NBA is the only one I have any interest in, and the fact that the NBA has gone way down hill since Jordan left....yeah, not surprising at all.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:08 PM   #14
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
If you guys didn't like political messages being displayed during games, you must really hate that many games are now being postponed for political reasons. NBA, WNBA, MLB, MLS and Tennis have all postponed games/matches as a form of protest.
I am good with it. I hope they all fail and nobody goes back to them when they open back up.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:11 PM   #15
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Same. UFC is only thing I watch anymore and don’t expect to ever watch any other sport again. I know many who are done with most major sports over all this.
That’s the only one I have watched since this all started with them trashing the nation. Still like ufc but haven’t watched any other professional sports show in over a year.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:00 PM   #16
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Quote:
Given that out of all the sports you mentioned, the NBA is the only one I have any interest in, and the fact that the NBA has gone way down hill since Jordan left....yeah, not surprising at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
I am good with it. I hope they all fail and nobody goes back to them when they open back up.
Agreed on all counts. I no longer care. I haven't watched anything but College Football in years. I get the feeling when it starts up they may do the same thing.....and I will quit watching them as well.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 02:23 PM   #17
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

The NHL also postponed games this week and NFL teams canceled practices. All of the professional North American sports have now taken a stand.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 02:36 PM   #18
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
The NHL also postponed games this week and NFL teams canceled practices. All of the professional North American sports have now taken a stand.
It looks like the co-founder, or whatever her title is, with BLM Patrisse Cullors is also pressuring Hollywood to boycott and walk off the sets.

All I can think of is how much more free time I will have to actually get important things done without movies or sports to watch.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 03:20 PM   #19
extracomputer.1

UFC is on this weekend.
Old 08-28-2020, 11:04 PM   #20
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
I haven't even kept up with sports since I cut the cord...I get that there's a problem with some bad police, but the riots and destroying businesses is just an insane response that many people will associate with the movement even though it's a small but loud minority that are involved(the irony huh). I don't condone bad cops or thugs burning and looting, wish we could just punish them accordingly instead of groups starting violence where good hard working people have to stay overnight at their businesses with guns and people driving down a wrong street that's blocked with "protesters" have to worry about getting dragged out of their cars and beaten.

I just hope my city isn't made into a warzone because there's a bad cop or a suspect won't follow instructions(I know this will make some mad, but even as a privileged white man I was told to always be respectful to police, keep hands in sight and follow directions). I'm just saying I wouldn't tempt fate by ignoring orders and reaching in a car, yes 7 shots in the back is bad and overkill but I think anyone regardless of race would be shot in that situation. A fraction of a second hesitation is the difference between a cop living or dying, I've seen so many close calls in videos showing this. Sorry long rant over lol
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote