Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-22-2020, 11:50 AM   #51
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Lovely!

$1900 for this means near $3000 for me, since I'm lucky enough to be an international customer. It will be that price too with my EU retailer.
$1900 for this means you pay 1k for the portrait, since the body is resin and the base very simple.
Despite the non 100% likeness of the QS golden WW, I ordered her because I love the pose, and at least she has her wings. One golden WW is enough for me.
If this JND WW had her classic outfit, maybe I would have been in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
Lol. Have you seen the promotional posters? Have you seen any of the movies? Have you seen her in pictures?

People give their opinion based on lousy memories. That happens too often lately making companies sometimes changing sculpts when is not needed, like happened with Prime1 Ash statue.
Lolol. Lousy memories? You google Gal Gadot and you have a ton of pics. Rather a poor eyesight then.
Depending the angles, I see, or I don't, Gal.
Good for you if you recognize Gal Gadot from every angle. That's all I can say.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:21 PM   #52
pdenham
Teen Titans

The likeness on this looks strongest to me in the shots taken at eye level.

Below eye level looking up, as in the one directly above, don't work as well for me, but I can't deny the resemblance is there.

Kind of figured the price would be somewhere in the range of $1800 - $2000 based on what they said about the Fleck and the less complex layering of, and nature of costuming on this. And no complex base.

The Prime One JL WW, with it's switch-out upper body and monstrous base, was $1200 and also 1/3.
This may seem like a bargain compared to Fleck, but it's still hella expensive for what it is. The P1 offered not nearly as good a likeness- but as French said, that's basically what you are paying $1K alone for here.

At $1200 I would risk not digging the movie or the caring about this costume here, just to get the (mostly successful) head sculpt.
$1899 would have been go time if that same head sculpt was adorning the classic costume, with the more vibrant 84 colors.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:18 PM   #53
dao2
Cyclops

I think the likeness is great, but the eye shadow makes it look a bit weird. I wouldn't buy anything silicone though.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:26 PM   #54
nearmint
Phoenix

Seems odd to me that they went with this costume but are not including the helmet or the wings.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:45 PM   #55
pdenham
Teen Titans

Looking at those last few images again- I really love the figure work on this. And that stance is a knockout.

Even the costume, taken as just an example of fantasy design and divorced from representing WW, looks killer to me too.

I loved the orientation of the wings on the Queen 1/4, but this one speaks stronger to me overall.

Despite not being exactly iconic, despite the jacked price, it's very tempting...
Old 10-22-2020, 01:55 PM   #56
StefanCo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The other risk is if the movie sucks then you have a $2000 reminder of that
That's my problem really, the price seems reasonable, but I would also need to love the movie to get it. So preordering without seeing the movie is a risk...
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:28 PM   #57
SONICobra
Bane

i dunno, the overall quality seems impressive but im not as blown away by the likeness like i was with their joker piece
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 06:28 PM   #58
Silas Loki
Jubilee

I think it's stunning. I'm just worried about how robust the silicon will be if it's stored or displayed. Doesn't it degrade over a relatively short period of time.....compared to polystone?
Silas Loki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 06:34 PM   #59
pdenham
Teen Titans

I think the hair, the lighting, and the angle(s) may be skewing impressions.
From this angle, this is a pretty solid Gal likeness- though I tend to see her head IRL as more sharply diamond shaped from this angle.
Still, this looks like a better likeness to me than anything outside of the 1:1 busts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I think it's stunning. I'm just worried about how robust the silicon will be if it's stored or displayed. Doesn't it degrade over a relatively short period of time.....compared to polystone?
Supposed to be good for 20-30 years with general care (kept out of direct sunlight, extreme humidity, heat/cold etc).
Old 10-22-2020, 07:26 PM   #60
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Supposed to be good for 20-30 years with general care (kept out of direct sunlight, extreme humidity, heat/cold etc).
Does that mean the material will retain the integrity for 20-30 years and then suddenly fall off a cliff with deterioration?

I realize this all speculative until the Year 2040 to 2050, when we may (or may not) be alive anymore.
But I guess the important thing is, as long as we get to enjoy these statues for a large majority of our lifetime.

Off tangent a little but it's kind of a shame seeing videos of the original Batman 89 and TMNT 90 costume movies props, crumbling in the studio's archives or the few that are up for auction. Not made to last for more than 30-years.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote