Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #11
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Funny, then I can put 10 page for all the PO damage I got from them...... Most of my po have problem, can't remember how many statues I have return or destroy .
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #12
Crazy Guy
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWing View Post
I ordered the Magik exclusive statue within the first minute of it coming up for order. Literally my all time favorite character that I never thought would get a bust, must less a FS from a major company. When the offered early shipping, I took them up on it.

I get the package and everything seems fine at first, and then I get to the normal head (which is the one I was going to display it with) and one of the strands of hair is broken off.

I call SS and the customer service guy is nice and helpful. Says they will get me a new head and send me instructions on how to send it back. At this point I'm happy. Then a day later I see the back of her legs and their is a hairline crack on both legs.

I immediatly call and let them know. The customer service guy says it's not a problem, just keep the exlusive head and sword and they will send me a instructions on how to send back the body and normal head and they will swap me out the replacement parts.

I don't hear from them for a few weeks. When I do it's to tell me that they can't piece together a whole statue for me with the parts they have, and they will give me a full refund or $80 to take back the broken one and free shipping on the one other item I have preordered. I tell them it will cost me at least $150 to get it repaired (and we all know it will cost more) and at this point I will have to pay close to $400 on the secondary market. I explain for the 5th time how excited I was by this piece and it's my favorite character and all that. I basically get a sorry, you're SOL, good luck getting screwed over on eBay. Oh, and they have sent me 4 or 5 emails telling me I have a shipment coming from them. It's an empty box coming from them to put the exclusive head and sword in so they can resell it as broken in a few months. They don't want me to be able to buy a regular version and have the exclusive head.

I gave them four or five options on what would make me happy as a customer and they didn't take me up on any of them. They said they are giving me a full refund and a $49.99 credit on my Dark X-Men dio to help with the cost of finding a replacement on eBay. So basically they aren't even giving me the free shipping anymore on that piece, I get a refund and what nets out to $15 to help with getting a piece that is being posted from $350 - $475.

Oh, and the kicker, I don't think the piece sold out until after I alerted them to mine being broken, so they had some whole ones on hand, but were going through the damaged ones to try and piece one together for me, instead of holding a complete one. I think mine was still being shipped to them, but they knew the extent of the problems as I had to send them pictures.
wow....i have the same issue too

i received magik with broken tip of hair, after i complained, they send me a replacement head. but the replacement head is more ugglier than the original, there is quite a gap between her left cheek and the hair. so i complained for the 2nd time but they said that they don't have anything that can satisfy me. after that i want to display the statue but found that the leg have hairline crack in both of them. i complained again but they said that they don't have any replacement for the body. they gave me the same option with IceWing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 ORIGINAL.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	73002   Click image for larger version

Name:	2 REPLACEMENT.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	73003   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120620-00152.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	73004  
Crazy Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #13
monsterfan
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

The last few statues that I've gotten from SS have been perfect. I think that they are really trying to get things right.
monsterfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #14
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

The only QC complaint I have is MAKE SURE THE EYES ARE LOOKING IN THE SAME DIRECTION!! I think Sideshow should also use only decals for eyes. They look 100% better and will be easier to align.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #15
hotrodhoodrat
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

... something gotta be done w/them eyes !!
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #16
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
The only QC complaint I have is MAKE SURE THE EYES ARE LOOKING IN THE SAME DIRECTION!!

I have to agree 200%
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #17
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Yup!
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #18
dao2
Cyclops

Not a customer service complaint but a QC complaint on the Han Solo in Carbonite PF. As with everyone the button to light up the carbonite slab would not depress as normal so I had to add some cardboard and tape for it to do that... awesome design.

But also the buttons on the side of the slab would get stuck inside when depressed and they told me that all of them were like that so no point in replacement, send for refund or keep it and I sent it in.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #19
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterfan View Post
The last few statues that I've gotten from SS have been perfect. I think that they are really trying to get things right.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #20
turtlesforever
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
turtlesforever is offline   Reply With Quote